That LoZ: Twilight Princess 3D Image Floating Around is Fake

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
That LoZ: Twilight Princess 3D Image Floating Around is Fake

The image showing a StreetPass user as having played "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 3D" was made using a hack.

Some Zelda [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20legend%20of%20zelda?os=the+legend+of+zelda] fans attending the Zelda Symphony concert in Dussledorf, Germany, over the weekend have unfortunately become victims of a rather clever hoax involving their beloved franchise. Some concert goers, upon opening up their 3DS, were met with a StreetPass'd Mii who claimed to have most recently been playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 3D. You can see the image that greeted fans' 3DSs to the right.

Unfortunately, just like that showed us he had made this very hack [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139842-Rayman-Leaked-as-New-Super-Smash-Bros-4-DLC] a few days ago, are in cahoots, and attended the concert together.

So sorry, Zelda fans, but this isn't a secret Nintendo employee playing an even more secret internet build of Twilight Princess 3D, but just a hacker having some fun at the expense of one of gaming's most fanatical fanbases.

Couple this with the delay of Zelda Wii U [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140204-Nintendo-President-Denies-Netflix-Zelda-Rumors], it has been a pretty disappointing year for Zelda fans so far.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/guy-claims-he-streetpassed-someone-playing-twilight-princess-on-3ds-290667.phtml]

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Honestly the 3DS is slightly capable of doing Twilight Princess on it's own, even if the graphics may need a slight downgrade.

My point is, Twilight Princess for 3DS doesn't sound that far fetched TBH, it'd be great if Ninty at least releases it on the eShop.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Puhleeze! We are going in order folks! Ocarina, Majora, Windwaker!. THEN we can have Twilight Princess.

Windwaker HD doesn't count. It wasn't on the 3DS or portable.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, I bet it gets announced for a Wii U remake this Fall to plug a hole in the Nintendo lineup. I remember reading they were surprised at how well Wind Waker sold and how relatively easy it was to make. I'd be more surprised if they didn't release one.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I'd love to be able to play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword with proper controls instead of "immersive waggle motions"

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
GZGoten said:
I'd love to be able to play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword with proper controls instead of "immersive waggle motions"
IMO the Skyward Sword controls were pretty fun. Twilight Princess not so much; but it had a GameCube version too (if you have compatible Wii and a GameCube control, you can try it). So a TP 3DS remake isn't that farfetched.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
CaitSeith said:
GZGoten said:
IMO the Skyward Sword controls were pretty fun. Twilight Princess not so much; but it had a GameCube version too (if you have compatible Wii and a GameCube control, you can try it). So a TP 3DS remake isn't that farfetched.
I did play both games but my problems with the controll is that unlike every other Zelda to date, I wasn't able to play these games more than once because the controller is just annoying for me, it gets old after a while. Which for me sucks since Zelda games I like to revisit every so often, also I always thought that SS looked really pretty with it's water color scheme so I would love to play a 3D version of it

but back on topic I don't really think TP is happening any time soon now. Unlike OoT and MM, TP doesn't seem to have any fans asking for a remake. Now if they were to follow the path of A Link Between Worlds and do a sequel to TP I think a lot of us would be on board

loa

Jan 28, 2012
I kinda want that but please not as a download-only title.
Not touching that weirdo marketplace that binds purchases to your hardware instead of being account-based.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
GZGoten said:
Same. I couldn't get into those games at all because the controls kept taking me out of it.

gizmo2300

Jul 10, 2009
Since they're putting Wii games on the Wii U eShop now, they're more likely to just put Twilight Princess up there. I dunno, as far as Zelda games go, and this comes from someone who has TP in their top 5, it didn't stand out a whole lot. Not enough to warrant a remake anytime soon at least. This is probably the most I've heard people talk about it in years.