Check Out Lady Jaded's Spectacular Black Cat Cosplay

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Check Out Lady Jaded's Spectacular Black Cat Cosplay

Cosplayer Lady Jaded loves Black Cat, so she set up a whole photoshoot just for this costume.

Read Full Article

And Man

May 12, 2014
Maybe I'm just jaded from attending conventions, but a cosplayer doing a photoshoot isn't newsworthy.

Jan 12, 2012
And Man said:
Maybe I'm just jaded from attending conventions, but a cosplayer doing a photoshoot isn't newsworthy.
To be fair, it is filed under "Cosplay Galleries," not "News".

OT: I wonder what it is about Black Cat that makes it so popular for cosplay. She's not the most famous or best written character- heck, I bet she's probably only the second most popular cat-themed burglar/antihero in a black skintight outfit. A weird quirk, but it leads to some great pictures.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Most likly the closet I've seen a real women body contort to a super hero villain what time of the month is it. (That a joke on her way of doing business not her cycle just to be clear.)

Still flexible.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I don't know why, I've always been a Felicia Hardy fan... more than Catwoman even. I've never figured out why... not once. I've been reading comics since the mid-80s and collected back issues and all... she isn't the best written character but I just for some reason wanted her and Spidey to hook up.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Tiny spider-man in last picture made me laugh really hard.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I really like her personality. That suit really brings her opinions and thoughts to the fore.

But as other people have written, how is cosplay news anymore? What is this, 1975?

And Man

May 12, 2014
Thunderous Cacophony said:
And Man said:
To be fair, it is filed under "Cosplay Galleries," not "News".
Fair enough, though I still prefer casual shots of cosplayers at conventions than a photoshoot that "features" a specific cosplayer.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Silentpony said:
But as other people have written, how is cosplay news anymore? What is this, 1975?
As others have raised in the thread, this is filed under "cosplay galleries" not "news."

We are in the "featured content" forum, not "the news room."

And Man said:
Fair enough, though I still prefer casual shots of cosplayers at conventions than a photoshoot that "features" a specific cosplayer.
Noted.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
Question: Has there ever been "spectacular" female cosplay that didn't involve cleavage and/or ass? Or is that merely a result of being faithful to the "source material"?

Jan 12, 2012
Solkard said:
Question: Has there ever been "spectacular" female cosplay that didn't involve cleavage and/or ass? Or is that merely a result of being faithful to the "source material"?
Here's a couple examples The Escapist has highlighted before...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/cosplaygalleries/13737-WonderCon-2015-Cosplay-Gallery-Day-One-Gambit-Garrus-and-Goku.23

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/cosplaygalleries/12583-BlizzCon-2014-Cosplay-Gallery.15

If sure if you dig through the archives you can find some other examples; those are two random galleries from the first page of Cosplay results.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Can I just express what every straight man's REAL FIRST THOUGHT was?

I want to have sex with this woman.

God's honest truth and you fuckin' know it.

And Man

May 12, 2014
Solkard said:
There are plenty, as Thunderous Cacophony (I can't for the life of me figure out how to use @ on a user with a space in their name) pointed out, but I'd say the majority of well known "professional" cosplayers show a lot of cleavage and ass, which is completely fine (this coming from someone who dislikes the idea of "professional" cosplayers in general).

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
You guys know that its okay not to post every lecherous thought that pops in your head when you see a woman posing, right?

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying if you thought "that thing about the woman with the cleavage in cosplay," just assume, correctly, that every other man on the planet with normal testosterone levels probably did too even if only on an instinctual level and we really don't need to immortalize it in a post.

...or do it. Whatever. But...Secret to success in life: avoid being creepy.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
camazotz said:
You guys know that its okay not to post every lecherous thought that pops in your head when you see a woman posing, right?

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying if you thought "that thing about the woman with the cleavage in cosplay," just assume, correctly, that every other man on the planet with normal testosterone levels probably did too even if only on an instinctual level and we really don't need to immortalize it in a post.

...or do it. Whatever. But...Secret to success in life: avoid being creepy.
Context matters. When you have a girl trying to be sexy this isn't creepy or unwelcome as it's saying she's doing the job well. Indeed guys are oftentimes expected to be exaggerated under such circumstances.

I find it more disturbing to have people criticizing her, or girls doing sexy cosplay, and acting like it's wrong or demeaning (when they are posting seriously, not making jokes). People who oftentimes claim to be feminists, but tend to forget that this is the very essence of feminism as women fought long and hard to gain the right to do this kind of thing, real feminism derives from that and does not declare it "first wave" and then attack anyone who does it or supports it. Playboy for example was a feminist publication and that's in part what made it so controversial.

People need to get use to it, women like to have sex just like guys do, and want to be seen as crazy and sexy a lot of the time. Anyone who doesn't get that, man or woman, is in denial. The thing is to understand context, it's one thing to say make sexual innuendo in regards to some woman just dressed normally and walking down the street, and say do it in response to a girl doing Black Cat cosplay and deliberately creating provocative images.

When a girl makes your little guy hard, there is a time and a place to make comments about it, this is one of the contexts where it's okay to say so, but one also needs to understand it's a show, not a case where you should say take it as a personal invitation to stalk her (which is when things get creepy). Also there are classy and amusing ways to make your appreciation apparent and that's what seperates different kinds of guys. You can convey the gist without being incredibly crude, but then again one shouldn't discriminate against someone who lacks skill with wordplay, as long as it doesn't go beyond that.