Deep Silver To Publish Mighty No. 9 In September

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Deep Silver To Publish Mighty No. 9 In September

More content coming in more ways with a longer wait.

Deep Silver has announced an agreement to publish comcept's Mighty No. 9 worldwide, including a physical release at retail, along with new downloadable content. The deal will also bring more localized versions of the game, with subtitles in eight languages (including English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese) and the addition of Japanese and French voice acting.

All of this positive news comes with with one disappointing bit. The new agreement, while providing for additional content and helping the game to reach a broader audience, also means a further delay. Mighty No. 9 is now scheduled for release on PC and home consoles in North America on September 15, followed by the rest of the world on September 18.

The new content consists of a bonus stage focused on Beck's rival, Ray. Completing the stage will unlock Ray as a playable character for the main game, who features a different set of skills and introduces new gameplay mechanics. The content will be included in the retail release and provided free of charge to all backers of the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter campaign. Buyers of the digital release will be able to purchase the "Ray" DLC separately.

Physical copies of Mighty No. 9 will be printed for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U. Digital versions will be available for these platforms, as well as PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Ports for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS, also digital, will be released at a later, unspecified date.

[gallery=4072]

A spiritual successor to Mega Man from that franchise's creator, Keiji Inafune, Mighty No. 9 found astonishing success on Kickstarter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128377-Mighty-No-9-Becomes-3rd-Most-Funded-Game-on-Kickstarter]. Achieving more than 400% of its initial funding goal, stretch goals expanded the project beyond the planned PC release to include console ports, additional characters, gameplay modes and a documentary on the making of the game.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
as a fellow Kickstarter "becker" can hardly wait for this release, don't mind to wait if it means more content (`_´)ゞ

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
All this sounds amazing, and I really can't wait to play it. I've been a long-time Mega Man fan, and really hope (and expect) Inafune and company to hit it out of the park. The only thing that annoys me is the fact there's no last-gen retail copies, especially since the seventh generation is winding down and who knows how long all the digital distribution platforms will run?

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I thought the whole point of kickstarting, was to avoid publishers. Granted, 4 million isn't a lot of money in terms of game development. But this may help cement Mighty No 9 as a franchise, and could replace Megaman for good.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Mega man 9
Mighty no. 9
Wonderful 101
Might no.6
Big hero 6

I think im getting confuse brain now.
Ive never had a chance to get into megaman, but this looks like a worthy start...maybe?
However, deep silver I do not like or trust or would leave my rabies infested kids with (actually, that might have some uses). They did something to metro. The rest I can handle, but not my beloved.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Sooo is the game gonna have more colors that the dark tileset they are actively using?

Also what I've seen so far haven't been all that good. They rehashed the old MegaMan games instead of MegaManX. Which is superior in every way.

I'll pick it up on a sale at some point I suppose. Can't be bothered with games that don't want to progress.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm not sure which platform to buy it on, 3DS or Steam?

Glad to know when I will be able to buy it now if only we get an announce for the release date for Hyper Light Drifter!

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
So wait, does this mean that Japanese dub is confirmed? Last news article on this I could have sworn the game was getting flak in part for only being English. (Mostly hating on the retiring community moderator, but that was part of it.)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Physical copy for the Wii U you say? Geeze, and here I am ready to download the game. Looks like I won't have to now! This game can take all the time it needs. I've been looking forward to it for a while now and it isn't like I'll have too much longer to wait.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Michael Tabbut said:
FINALLY! Community Manager controversy aside I have been waiting for the game to be released.
I actually find it interesting that right after the former CM leaves is when we get the first news about Mighty No. 9 on this site in nearly a year. I had completely forgotten about this game.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Zefar said:
Sooo is the game gonna have more colors that the dark tileset they are actively using?

Also what I've seen so far haven't been all that good. They rehashed the old MegaMan games instead of MegaManX. Which is superior in every way.

I'll pick it up on a sale at some point I suppose. Can't be bothered with games that don't want to progress.
I'm with you on waiting. I'm more of a Mega Man X fan myself. I would rather have seen Inanfune start with an X equivalent, with the events of Mighty No. 9 being backstory. (Though, that wouldn't have gottens tons of kickstarter cash from Classic Mega Man fans.)

I don't know how much executive meddling Classic got, but Capcom really messed with the X and Z series, against Inafune's intentions. Oh well, there's always Might No. X to look forward to in the next decade.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
In looking at those photos, I'm reminded of the Strider game for PS4. The graphics and background look really similar. Maybe it's the same kind of engine? I dunno. But I can tell ya this: no matter how many deviations of Mega Man we get, I'm still waiting for someone to get him off that damn moon...