Check Out 15 Minutes of Prime Stop Motion Transformers Action

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Check Out 15 Minutes of Prime Stop Motion Transformers Action

YouTube user Harris Loureiro has released a 15-minute stop motion Transformers video complete with Optimus Prime, Dinobots and Megatron.

Last year, YouTube user Harris Loureiro delivered a heaping dose of awesome <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135857-Stop-Motion-Transformers-Battle-Has-The-Touch>with Attack on Giant, a four-minute <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/stop+motion>stop motion short that pitted Optimus Prime (armed with the power of hair metal) against an army of plastic Decepticons. Not content to just rest on that accomplishment, he's just recently released a new 15-minute video complete with a storyline, voice acting and all of the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/transformers>Transformers action figure violence fans could ever desire.

Simply dubbed Transformers Generation, it opens with Bumblebee and Wheeljack driving on patrol. The video quickly dives into action however, when the duo encounter a squad of Decepticons who immediately open fire on them. Both sides call for backup which, naturally, leads to a mass mecha battle complete with tons of lasers and some delightful old school audio effects that sound like they came straight from the original 1980s cartoon. As all things should, the video climaxes with the appearance of Optimus Prime and Megatron who engage in a bout of epic robot combat.

According to description on the video's YouTube page, Transformers Generation took Loureiro a solid six months of work to complete using traditional stop motion mixed with digital effects. Most of the action figures were loaned to him by friends, several of whom also provided voice work. He based the video's plot loosely on the 1986 animated movie, as well as the comic book storyline All Hail Megatron. He has plans to make a follow-up, but gave no indication as to when it will be completed.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=262&v=Byu0jiDKnbY>YouTube

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm I need to know which toys version the following are-
Sixshot
Bruticus (?)
Devastator

Other than that, it was pretty awesome!

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
Remember playing around with stop motion some years ago, so I know how time consuming and difficult it can be so yeah well done.

I could never figure out how people did shots of things flying through the air though. Guess they normally held it in place with something behind the object or out of sight somehow, or maybe even edited out something.
Stuff like that part at 12.58, anyone know what trick he used?

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Danm I need to know which toys version the following are-
Sixshot
Bruticus (?)
Devastator

Other than that, it was pretty awesome!
TF fan to the rescue!

The Sixshot used was not an official Hasbro/Takara product, but one of the many variations of Terminus Hexatron (a figure put out by third party company Master Mind Creations in homage to Sixshot). Yes it does have all six modes and he retails for $140

The Devastor used was also not an official TF toy but the third party figure Hercules put out by TFC Toys, the full set of which retails for around $600. As far as Third Party Devastators go, he's one of two. I much prefer the figure Green Giant put out by the company Maketoys which, while a bit smaller, is only $400 ish and is actually available as a complete set rather than figure by figure. He also looks a lot better.

Here's Green Giant for comparison:

The "Bruticus" used is actually Transformers Power Core Combiner Bombshell, however instead of his regular limbs that he would typically come with the creator of the video used the Iron Army third party add on set which retails for around $70

Moral of the story: Third Party companies make AWESOME stuff but they have to price it higher because profit.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pickapok said:
Thank you! That make so much sense now cos I couldn't find them on Transformers wiki! I been waiting for a Generation version of Sixshot (I still own him minus the missing guns) or just any update of him so seeing that is a nice alternative!

Also do you know which Decepiticons that were on that predacon back which were a bunch of guns aswell?

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
That would be Scouting Force X, a third party version of Reflector, the three bots who form a camera. He is made by Perfect Effect.

Also that Predacon is Bovis, one of the components for MMC's Feral Rex! This guy is huge!