8 Franchises that Would be Awesome as LEGO Games

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Franchises that Would be Awesome as LEGO Games

Our community thinks that these eight franchises would make awesome LEGO games.

Read Full Article

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I disagree with a lot of the choices, mainly because they are mature or r-rated things; while it would make for some funny stuff I don't think it would make for a good lego game. Also, game of thrones is basically a soap opera, so it would get kind of boring (especially if it was done without voices or just with audio from the show).

I am totally behind lego ghostbusters, though. And the idea of having a little lego dalek army of my own makes me happy in ways words cannot express.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Forget Lego Resident Evil, you know what really needs to happen? Lego Evil Dead.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I think the Halo license is currently held by Mega Bloks, the leading Lego brick rip off brand. Maybe Mega Bloks should jump into video games. Professor Wikipedia says they also own Thomas the Tank Engine, Barbie and freakin' Call of Duty licenses. (Soon they'll have TMNT, too.) They should get with whatever game companies they have to and make at least some mobile games. It would be nice if they had the money to not make their bricks paper thin (and to give Lego some competition so I don't have to spend a fortune when I start buying Lego sets for my (currently yet to be conceived) kids).

Apr 17, 2009
Lego God of War would be my pick of these. All those over the top kills suddenly become hilarious when all you're doing is breaking apart bricks. Slicing people up like Kratos does just becomes separating various pieces of their minifig and watching them stumble around haplessly trying to reconnect their missing legs/arm/eye etc.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Im sad no simpsons one was on there. Lego's been doing simpsons stuff lately (Millhouse in the Lego Movie, Simpsons Lego episode animated by the people who did the movie and those blind packs and Simpsons house sets.)

We are getting a Simpsons pack for that dimensions game though.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I don't think some of these would work... Some don't have enough characters to be interesting (I found that with Lego Indiana Jones too) and some would just be too odd with cartoon violence.

DBZ would be good. It would definitely open the game up to new mechanics... that could be fun.

How about Final Fantasy? Levels based on the games (2-3 levels per game, maybe,) and plenty of iconic characters/monsters there! Cactaur and Cecil fighting their way through Balamb Garden to collect Crystals in free play. Mini kits as airships. Ridable Chocobos. Moogles. Woooo!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Has Transformers been made into a Lego game? 'Cause if not, that would be totally sweet. You could actually have the functionality of Lego's as interchangeable parts be part of the game!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I feel like LEGO Megaman would be pretty incredible if it was done right... and if Capcom didn't hate Megaman.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Lego Chzo Mythos? I feel that the more dumb scenes ("I just wanted to go to space!") would be great in mini-figure.

Janichsan

May 26, 2015
I agree that The Simpsons, Ghostbusters and possibly Transformers would make good LEGO games. The others mentioned wouldn't really fit the tone of the LEGO games or their usual gameplay.

I'm just wondering that no one has suggested LEGO Star Trek: countless characters, tons of TV episodes and movies to base levels on, the heavy focus of the franchise on characters, which would fit the co-operative gameplay style?

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
If it makes you feel any better, two of your choices, Ghostbusters and Dr. Who, will be part of the upcoming Lego Dimensions collectable plastic crack game. We have already seen footage of playable Ghostbusters and playable Peter Capaldi Dr. Who.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
LoZ I can easily see being made into lego form. Imagine these playset

OoT Link treehouse.
WW Link with the Red Lion boat.
WW Link island (the starter island).
LttP Hyrule Castle.