Just Cause 2's Grappling Hook was Just What GTA V Needed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Just Cause 2's Grappling Hook was Just What GTA V Needed

Why walk when you can simply propel yourself through the air?

One of JulioNIB [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/just%20cause?os=just+cause], PC gamers can enjoy the same experience in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V.

Check out the video above, which shows the grapple gun in action. As you can see, it functions just like it's Just Cause counterpart. You can use the hook to propel yourself towards objects, as well as tether two objects together, and pull pedestrians and other players towards you. You can even open up your parachute mid-flight if you use the hook in the air.

Future versions of the mod aim to make it function even more like it does in Just Cause, by allowing players to hijack vehicles they are standing on top of.

[gallery=4177]

To install the mod, simply follow these instructions [http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.jp/2015/05/gta-v-just-cause-2-grappling-hook-mod.html].

Source: GTA Scripting [http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.jp/2015/05/gta-v-just-cause-2-grappling-hook-mod.html]

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I hope nobody who uses this was hoping to play online since they are likely going to get banned.

ryan_cs

Aug 13, 2013
Squilookle said:
This is what every post Just Cause sandbox needs. Even the Medieval ones.
Yeah, is there anything grapling hooks don't instantly improve?

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
So I remember GTA4 having this Euphoria animated ragdoll thing that made knocked over people struggle and hold on to stuff.
Did they drop that for GTA5? That mod makes it look like characters are just using pre-programmed animations. It'd be a shame because I really liked it, and it was one of the few new things I've seen in recent years.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Aconite333 said:
The logical end of GTA5 mods is to instead play Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 4.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Hell, once I beat the story mode in GTA IV I never bothered to go back: I was having too much fun with Saints Row.

Granted, GTA with some of the fun abilities of other games would be nice; the gameplay gets to be a little bit of a slog sometimes.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Aconite333 said:
The logical end of GTA5 mods is to instead play Just Cause 2 or Saints Row 4.
I think you meant Saints Row 2 but of course there's its legendarily bad PC port to consider.
Regardless, you nailed the spirit of the thing. +1 to you good sir!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Can't use it to paraglide or safe-fall by pulling yourself towards the ground.

That being said, lost my shit when he attached the poor biker to the electric pole.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
hook a car to a train. enter the car. try to keep up without being towed by unstoppable trains. fun for whole family.