Trauma, Healing and Gaming Part 4: 10 Ways The Community Can Help With PTSD

Liana Kerzner

May 6, 2015
Trauma, Healing and Gaming Part 4: 10 Ways The Community Can Help With PTSD

In the final part of our series on PTSD and video games, we look at ways the gaming community - and industry as a whole - can lend a hand.

Read Full Article

whatever55

Apr 17, 2015
nice ending. i usually don't read "list" articles but this is a worthwhile exception to that rule.
i still disagree with a lot of what she's saying but i come for a very biased place on this sort of thing. i do think some of the offers are good ideas (like expanding the ESRB tag) and i know some are bad (you can't include suicide hotline tips in a game, you don't only need a different inclusion into every country but to every region of some countries, it's an insane amount of localization for something 99.999% of the people playing the game won't use)
i'll give the article a second read when i can detach myself more and look at them from a more even prospective, overall a good read.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
These articles I find not only the most interesting on the escapist, but also a necessary read. It is great to raise awareness while keeping sensitive to the whole media controversies that rile up so many internettees these days. I very much look forward to future discussion and learning in this space.