Rock Band 4 Hands-On Preview - The Rhythm Gaming War Continues

Mitchell Saltzman

Mar 10, 2012
Rock Band 4 Hands-On Preview - The Rhythm Gaming War Continues

After a five year absence, Rock Band 4 is just as awesome as you remember. But is that familiarity a good thing or a bad thing?

Read Full Article

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I've been calling the PS4 "that Bloodborne player I desperately want", but if Harmonix really has a way for me to transplant my hundreds of songs from my 360 and lets me use my instruments then I gotta pull the trigger on that purchase. I really hope there's equal focus on the pro modes as well as the old-school plastic fakery, possibly with a bit of training to give Rocksmith a run for its money. I'm sad to see keyboards go, but in my head this game could be a fantasy enactment that could teach and inspire people to make real music with their friends. I have no issue with the Guitar Hero franchise, but I just don't see a change in the plastic guitar, coupled with real video of crowds and DLC that isn't truly owned being the answer here.

Hopefully everyone has learned a lesson, that these games should be solid foundations that receive extended support and not the basis for 5-titles-a-year milking of IP. Either way, I'm just glad that new rhythm gaming is back and hopefully better than ever.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
DrunkOnEstus said:
I've been calling the PS4 "that Bloodborne player I desperately want", but if Harmonix really has a way for me to transplant my hundreds of songs from my 360 and lets me use my instruments then I gotta pull the trigger on that purchase. I really hope there's equal focus on the pro modes as well as the old-school plastic fakery, possibly with a bit of training to give Rocksmith a run for its money. I'm sad to see keyboards go, but in my head this game could be a fantasy enactment that could teach and inspire people to make real music with their friends. I have no issue with the Guitar Hero franchise, but I just don't see a change in the plastic guitar, coupled with real video of crowds and DLC that isn't truly owned being the answer here.

Hopefully everyone has learned a lesson, that these games should be solid foundations that receive extended support and not the basis for 5-titles-a-year milking of IP. Either way, I'm just glad that new rhythm gaming is back and hopefully better than ever.
They've already confirmed that if not all DLC, the VAST majority of your DLC purchases will export from last gen to next gen. Also confirmed that Pro guitar/bass and keys are out for RB4 but pro drums and vocal harmonies are still in (and thanks to modders and community projects, EVERY legacy song that imports will have harmonies fully charted even if they weren't available in RB3)

The focus appears to be on nailing the classic rock band experience and bringing it to a new generation of consoles.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Good, im just hoping to see some more expansion in the band career mode. I always enjoyed playing it with my friends.