Dr. Mario Coming To 3DS With Miracle Cure

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Dr. Mario Coming To 3DS With Miracle Cure

New entry in the puzzle series adds randomized power-ups.

Nintendo has announced a new Dr. Mario game bound for the 3DS handheld, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure.

The game will feature three modes collected from prior Dr. Mario titles. These include standard Dr. Mario, "Virus Buster" (which changes the movement of pills to a drag-and-drop style using touch controls), and "Dr. Luigi" (in which all pills form an "L" shape). All three modes will be available in single or multiplayer.

Added to these modes is a new feature, the titular Miracle Cures. Dropping into play when the player fills a meter by destroying pills and viruses, these special items can clear additional objects from the stage in several ways, such as wiping out a whole row or every virus of a specific color.

In multiplayer, Miracle Cures can be used to make things harder on opponents, speeding up their drop rate or making them unable to rotate pills temporarily. Miracle Cures can be disabled as well, for when you want a more classic Dr. Mario experience.

The title will also feature download play, allowing two 3DS users to play together with only one copy.

Offered only as a digital release through the Nintendo eShop, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure is available for pre-order now and will release on June 11.

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kXsTAUEHw]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I wonder what the university's like in Brooklyn, given that two plumbers also qualify to be doctors, race car drivers, and even air pilots.

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
Exactly when did Nintendo regress to getting stuck in 1989? I suppose they are pandering to nostalgia of generation X and millennials. Not a bad thing really but I prefer good new games not rehashes of games I had on NES.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Well that's a bit unexpected.
Should make it easier to get my daily dose on the go.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
killerbee256 said:
Exactly when did Nintendo regress to getting stuck in 1989? I suppose they are pandering to nostalgia of generation X and millennials. Not a bad thing really but I prefer good new games not rehashes of games I had on NES.
It's an eshop only game. That puts it on the same level as a cellphone game, with appropriate pricing. Put them jimmies away cause you're gonna need em for if they screw up the next Star Fox. There's quite a few neat eshop third party games that aren't utter garbage (the utter garbage is also easily distinguishable).