Warhammer 40k and Glorious Dungeons in this Origins 2015 Miniatures Gallery

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012

Origins featured some amazing craftsmanship on display in the miniatures hall. Here's some of the best of what we saw.

Read Full Article

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Some nice looking wargaming tables indeed.
A bit of a shame about the unpainted Orks (there's a reason that's usually prohibited at tournaments), but otherwise a lovely display. :)

Jan 12, 2012
Page 3 said:
Wyrd Miniatures was showing off some amazing Halifax terrain setups.
I spent longer than I'd like to say scouring the Wyrd website looking for news about their new Atlantic Canada line before I realised that it was probably spell-check messing with Malifaux.
Also, I think the description for pg. 13 is missing.

On a side note, I've never seen Eldar fighting a battle against Eldar like pg. 7. Anyone know what that's like?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Page 3 said:
Wyrd Miniatures was showing off some amazing Halifax terrain setups.
I spent longer than I'd like to say scouring the Wyrd website looking for news about their new Atlantic Canada line before I realised that it was probably spell-check messing with Malifaux.
Also, I think the description for pg. 13 is missing.

On a side note, I've never seen Eldar fighting a battle against Eldar like pg. 7. Anyone know what that's like?
With the new rules? Messy. Eldar are pretty powerful and fast so they can generally keep you at arms length and shuriken/bright lance you to death if you are a melee army (Or most armies really...)

Still, I imagine with those foot troops around that it would have been a quick, punchy affair where each side tried to get the first shot off then run away to set up for the next.

In other news, that Necromunda board made me pine for a good game of Battlefleet Gothic...

whitewing

Sep 7, 2010
The 40K fanboy in me can't help but mention that those aren't Eldar Titans, but Wraith Knights, a far more common sight these days than you might think, looking at their size.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
JonB said:

Origins featured some amazing craftsmanship on display in the miniatures hall. Here's some of the best of what we saw.

Read Full Article
minor nitpick
Wrath knights are not titans there just MC's
Eldar titans are quite a bit bigger
https://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/eldar-release-4.jpg

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
whitewing said:
The 40K fanboy in me can't help but mention that those aren't Eldar Titans, but Wraith Knights, a far more common sight these days than you might think, looking at their size.
direkiller said:
JonB said:

Read Full Article
minor nitpick
Wrath knights are not titans there just MC's
Eldar titans are quite a bit bigger
https://eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/eldar-release-4.jpg
Aww man, I totally forgot that "Titans" is an official thing in 40k. I meant titans like, you know, big powerful dudes. MY MISTAKE STANDS.