Server Issues Plague The Elder Scrolls Online Console Launch

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Server Issues Plague The Elder Scrolls Online Console Launch

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has been hit with release day server issues. Community Coordinator: "We will continue to work on this until it's resolved for all players..."

Since servers went live early this morning many European and North American gamers hoping to be launched into The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited [http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us] have instead been greeted with an error screen reading "Login Failed. An unexpected internal error has occurred. Please contact customer service."

For the past few hours the studio has been working to fix the issue, providing updates along the way. While some players are able to get online, others are still having difficulties - and in one case, both types of players were in the same room [http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1851547/#Comment_1851547] as one another.

"Hey everyone. If you have been experiencing login errors, we ask that you please try to log into the console megaservers again," Community Coordinator Jason Leavey wrote [http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1851509/#Comment_1851509]. "While we are continuing to work on resolving the issue, we have found that the issue has been fixed for some players at this point. We will continue to work on this until it's resolved for all players, and we'll provide an update when we can. Thank you again for your patience throughout the night."

Many have referenced the short beta testing period for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, which held a limited console beta testing from April 23 to April 27.

Several players who are able to log on are reporting issues with disappearing NPCs. But, as one fan said of the issues [http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1850929/#Comment_1850929], "Expecting no problems on an MMO launch day is like expecting someone to admit fault when you rear-end them. You're gonna end up disappointed."

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Launch issues with an Elder Scrolls game? Might as well say "Hello, it's Tuesday" for how out of the ordinary it is not.

I mean, this is their first MMO (second launch), so I guess we could cut them some slack but this is relatively standard fare for them.

Heck, this is standard fare for MMOs in general now.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Blegh, why did they even bother porting the failure to consoles.

Terrible game, and an even worse MMO.

Mar 30, 2010
Meh, I think the key phrase here is "some users". I logged in a few hours ago and, other than a notice when I selected my desired server telling me that due to high traffic I should expect login to take longer than usual, I've not encountered anything untoward.

That having been said, it's only a matter of time. This is a Bethesda game, after all. :)

Zeljkia the Orc

Jun 5, 2015
I know that going from the PC to consoles is a change of code in places and some optimizing, but Bethesda had a long while now to get things in order. They had since the launch of ESO to get server issues fixed, and they knew that there would be problems with launch day servers.

I guess they "didn't expect the game to be so popular" on launch day. That seems to be a common excuse for Online games for a while now.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
It's the old MMO problem, sell X games, X people log in on day 1. "How could we have forseen this??"

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Zeljkia the Orc said:
I guess they "didn't expect the game to be so popular" on launch day. That seems to be a common excuse for Online games for a while now.
Considering all the shit it got when it actually launced on PC, ESO probably has more claim to that excuse than other titles.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I have the imprial one for ps4. Sadly I am one of the chosen. Such as life I guess. Throw us some crowns and a sorry and all is forgiven. It a sand box I expect some bugs. I want to play but not worth stressing out if it takes some time to get on.