Dishonored 2 Announcement May Have Just Been Leaked

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dishonored 2 Announcement May Have Just Been Leaked

A Twitch test for Bethesda's E3 presentation may have spilled the beans on a Dishonored sequel.

Read Full Article

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
So with all the leaks and announcements taking place BEFORE e3, does it feel to anyone else like e3 is starting to become obsolete?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
totheendofsin said:
So with all the leaks and announcements taking place BEFORE e3, does it feel to anyone else like e3 is starting to become obsolete?
E3 started feeling obsolete when PS4 & Xbox One were announced before that year's E3.

Still here's hoping something Big wasn't leaked before this E3.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
Well, we already knew about this sequel happening, so I guess The Escapist is continuing their time-honoured tradition of not having real news.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012

This is starting to breach on "Terminator Genisys" levels of spoilage. Could we maybe wait 2 days and talk about the reveals when they are revealed?

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
An awful lot of Bethesda stuff being "leaked" leading up to this press conference. No one company could be this inept and careless. (Except maybe EA or Ubisoft)

No, I'm thinking it's all part of their plans to build further hype. Gotta be.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Have a listen to the audio... There is NOTHING related to any particular game on there what so ever. The french dude, whom is practicing the start of what appears to be his translation of their section in the show... he clearly says 'we are honoured...'. It is also very unlikely for a speech to start 'we are honoured to bring you Dishonoured.'

Not only that, a quick look at that dudes Twitter... He seems to be a bit of a sensationalist attention seeker anyway, like a lot of YouTube 'stars' are. All of his subsequent tweets on the matter are either about videos being taken down (which doesn't provide 'evidence' either way. If the information is incorrect Bethesda would probably want it taken down just as much as if they wanted to hide that it was correct.) or admitting that he could be wrong. He also posts a lot of them seemingly in the middle of a 12 hour Twitch feed of his own playing Fallout 3... I'm not expert on marathon streaming sessions but I can imagine with his ego, the camera on him, and the fact he is playing the game whilst listening to that and sending the info out/making videos about it, that he probably distracted and deluded into thinking he is correct.

I would wait for an actual announcement over this drivel.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Have a listen to the audio... There is NOTHING related to any particular game on there what so ever. The french dude, whom is practicing the start of what appears to be his translation of their section in the show... he clearly says 'we are honoured...'. It is also very unlikely for a speech to start 'we are honoured to bring you Dishonoured.'

Not only that, a quick look at that dudes Twitter... He seems to be a bit of a sensationalist attention seeker anyway, like a lot of YouTube 'stars' are. All of his subsequent tweets on the matter are either about videos being taken down (which doesn't provide 'evidence' either way. If the information is incorrect Bethesda would probably want it taken down just as much as if they wanted to hide that it was correct.) or admitting that he could be wrong. He also posts a lot of them seemingly in the middle of a 12 hour Twitch feed of his own playing Fallout 3... I'm not expert on marathon streaming sessions but I can imagine with his ego, the camera on him, and the fact he is playing the game whilst listening to that and sending the info out/making videos about it, that he probably distracted and deluded into thinking he is correct.

I would wait for an actual announcement over this drivel.
Yeah, I'm only hearing "We are honored" as well. Not to say it isn't happening but I can't hear any mention of Dishonored in that audio. I'm pretty sure it's just an introduction speech and Bethesda's "taking it in stride" because this wasn't really a leak at all.

Trouble with calling your game Dishonored I guess...

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Didn?t listen to the audio file since it is irrelevant to me.
I merely think that Dishonored doesn?t need a sequel. As far as I remember aside from the outsider it was a completed story.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
Ishigami said:
I merely think that Dishonored doesn?t need a sequel. As far as I remember aside from the outsider it was a completed story.
A dishonored sequel would require a new protagonist and entirely new plot. But you know what? I'd love to see that. The world created by the game was the real star first time around.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
MDSnowman said:
Ishigami said:
A dishonored sequel would require a new protagonist and entirely new plot. But you know what? I'd love to see that. The world created by the game was the real star first time around.
It wouldn't be hard to do given the outsider gives his powers to people that interest or amuse him. Plus there are more places besides Dunwall left to explore.

Grumpy Ginger

Jul 9, 2012
Happy if it is true just wishing that they'd get rid of the moral choice aspect or beef up the non lethal arsenal

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Well, it's got my interest. Not hype, but I'm keeping my eye on it.
Spoilers,
<youtube=UnsDyv-TtJg>

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
WOOHOO!!! Absolutely loved the first game, and if you read the books throughout the game the devs were clearly teasing a lot of other areas in the world of Dishonored, can't wait to explore them.

Just in case you haven't watched the teaser yet...

I'm curious if Corvo will remain a silent protagonist in this one. Since you can now play as Emily as well and she spoke in the first game, it would seem weird to make her silent in this one, and would be even stranger if she spoke but Corvo didn't.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
totheendofsin said:
E3 was obsolete for years. Its nothing more than CGI trailers wank for the shareholders.