Dark Souls 3 Kills Us All In 2016

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Dark Souls 3 Kills Us All In 2016

From Software's Dark Souls 3 will kill us more times than we can count early next year.

Read Full Article

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
"Nobody dies a virgin, life Dark Souls fucks us all."
-Kurt Cobain.

I'm pretty excited. Couldn't play Bloodborne, so I hope this one isn't PS4 exclusive.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Someone Depressing said:
-Kurt Cobain.

I'm pretty excited. Couldn't play Bloodborne, so I hope this one isn't PS4 exclusive.
Nah this one should be multi-plat, as Namco is handling the publishing outside of Japan (maybe in Japan at this point too, From used to self-publish in Japan). Anyway, Bloodborne was PS4 exclusive because Sony co-developed a bit and footed the bill to make it a system seller for PS4, just like with Demon's Souls with the PS3 back in the day.

Anyway I'm excited for this one too, purely because Miyazaki is back working in the world he helped to create. I just hope From/Namco don't overdo it and Assassin's Creed this franchise, or creatively squeeze Miyazaki for all he's worth all at once, he also has to handle corporate and business decisions for From so I hope he's not overdoing it.

Even in a worst-case scenario, I'll take a less atmospheric and immersive Souls experience over a large percentage of games anymore (I did with Dark 2), but I would rather wait if it means having it feel just right. This is a man and team that went directly from Demon's, to Dark, to Artorias DLC, to Bloodborne, and apparently hit the ground running to have a Dark 3 ready for 2016...don't forget about the Armored Core fans guys, I certainly wouldn't mind another Ku-on or Ninja Blade either : )

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Charcharo said:
The casual RPG nippon version of STALKER :)

Well, I am looking forward to this :) !
When I finished SoC years ago, I compared any game attempting a truly immersive open world or one that tried to meld RPG with FPS to STALKER, namely 2033 (though it wasn't open world). You've reminded me that I really need to play that game again with some of the mods that have come out to make it less...broken, as the level of detail put into every inch of the world was amazing (like I felt with Demon's Souls). There's also Clear Sky. I might give complete a try now that it's on my mind.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
I dunno, I can't get very excited. I got the 100% achievement for Dark Souls 1, but I only played through Dark Souls 2 twice. What a disappointment, pretty much a modest step back in every department and left me so cold I didn't stop for the DLC. Maybe that's where I went wrong.
Not too stoaked for this announcement, but with Miyazaki back at the helm, I dunno, maybe things will be different.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Charcharo said:
The casual RPG nippon version of STALKER :)

Well, I am looking forward to this :) !
Except that STALKER never even remotely kicked my ass as much as Dark Souls is doing. I fear that game man, fear it.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Chaosian said:
What a disappointment, pretty much a modest step back in every department and left me so cold I didn't stop for the DLC. Maybe that's where I went wrong.
I only finished the main campaign (non-SotFS) for the first time a few days ago, and I'm also nearly done with the 3rd DLC.
You're not missing much: all of the issues with the main game are still there in the DLC, which I found even more disappointing since I'd heard a lot of buzz about the Crowns Trilogy redeeming the base game.

Hopefully FromSoft actually makes a game that's not bullshit unfair this time, eh?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Well I'm on board. Yay! This world looks much more bleak than Dark Souls, and certain more so than Dark Souls II. I wonder what happened. If only embers remain, is this the end of a cycle, or is THE end of the entire cycle? Like, sorry, the Flame isn't coming back after this.
I wonder this because that sure looked like a Giant at the end there. No face, massive, and carrying what looks like a pretty good-sized weapon for one of their kind. DS II said they are outside of the cycle, and they were still very much around in that game, so I wonder if the Curse has caught up with them now too, and thus that's the sign of the end?

Whatever. Speculation time for a long time. I can't wait. Need game now--or, at least until Batman comes out next week so I can take my mind off of this.

Apr 28, 2008
Someone Depressing said:
-Kurt Cobain.

Well, it premiered during Microsoft's conference so it's probably a safe bet it's multiplatform.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Dark Souls 3 is rumored to have a mechanic where upon death in the game, the player is murdered in real life. Longitme Souls fans are reported to be ?excited? for the development