Yarn-Based Platformer Unravel Revealed

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Yarn-Based Platformer Unravel Revealed

Charming 2D puzzle platformer announced by Electronic Arts.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Nooooooooooo! Somebody quick tell Coldwood to drop the goods and run! I can't bear to see another bright-eyed developer disappear to the EA behemoth of a void.
This game looks adorable, really sort of very adorable. Oh I do hope Coldwood doesn't lose their soul.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A physics based puzzle platformer. Ill give the stage android some credit, i didnt expect to see one of those from EA. Like, ever.

Ultimately though, it doent look like the sort of thing i would buy even if i were not boycotting EA.

Xsjadoblayde said:
Nooooooooooo! Somebody quick tell Coldwood to drop the goods and run! I can't bear to see another bright-eyed developer disappear to the EA behemoth of a void.
At least this one wont leave a decades long legacy to be desecrated and ultimately buried.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Just saw the conference. It looked as beautiful as it felt generic. Another good old "small thing in gorgeous yet foreboding 2D world".

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
I felt for the presenter. He was so nervous his hands shook as he talked about how he made this toy and photographed it in the wilderness.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
I loved this.

He was so excited (and nervous!) to be sharing what he and his small team had been working to thousands of people in the audience and on the Internet, he was so genuinely enthusiastic about what their little game is and what it?s about and who it starts that it?s down thing I as a player of games can relate to on a very ingrained level

It?s the joy and authenticity of just playing and enjoying an experience, of making an experience you love and sharing that experience and love with other people, that really makes me love Unraveled and their presentation at the EA conference. Not because it was the flashiest presentation, nor the most in depth, but because it was the most beautifully genuine one

It was a ?hey, this is the thing we are so passionate about, that we have poured all our work and love into. And even though I?m a little afraid to be presenting it here on this stage, I?m not afraid to share how much I love what we?ve made with you guys?

And idk, maybe I?m just sappy, but I think in an industry that?s all smoke and mirrors and pessimism a lot of the time, being earnest and sharing that unbridled happiness and passion about your work just resonates so much with other people and inspires their own work and play. It?s an infectious thing and a powerful one, and long story short I can?t wait to play Unravel when it launches