Mirror's Edge Catalyst Release Date and Gameplay Revealed

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Release Date and Gameplay Revealed

It's not a sequel, because it's a prequel.

Read Full Article

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
I kept wanting that music to break into the full Still Alive theme, but it seemed to refuse to indulge me. In any case - consider me interested :)

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
From what tidbits of gameplay I've seen so far I'm actually willing to allow myself some slimmer of optimism.

This might not be shit possibly, maybe!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Well the minimalist asthetic is still there to some degree but the voice acting seems... cliched and I really, REALLY hope that the focus on parkour is solid and not watered down for "Mass market appeal".

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Why do I feel like the focus is going to be on the fighting, in stead of focussing on the freerunning?

Also: is it just me, or did they give Faith a huge manjaw for some reason?

the.chad

Nov 22, 2010
The_Darkness said:
I kept wanting that music to break into the full Still Alive theme, but it seemed to refuse to indulge me. In any case - consider me interested :)
Still Alive was such a killer track on the first game.
I hope they use the same theme in this game.
As you say, certainly felt like they were on the verge of breaking into it... maybe on the full trailer :)

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm curious if the end of this one shows the "accident" that happened to Faith before the first Mirror's Edge.

They pay some lip service to it in the tutorial.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Looks like my only gripe with the first game got fixed: all the white walls being headache inducing. If so, consider me interested.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this certainly sounds much better than part 1. still love part 1 for what it is and is still among my top 5 games but catalyst seem to have huge improvements that this would be again a title i would get at day 1.