Arrived, This Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Trailer Has - Update

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Holy fuck, the game is going to be released in 5 months and it's still in pre-alpha.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Well, at least it wasn't as terrible as I was imagining. It's still abominable and an insult, but at least it isn't as bad as what I was imagining.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Just a quick reminder that there's no 32v32 combat, that AT-AT was on rails, and no singleplayer.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Holy fuck, the game is going to be released in 5 months and it's still in pre-alpha.
Has me worried, not only that,. but as I thought, it's simply Battlefield with a Star Wars Skin and from what we've heard, less content then the previous Battlefront as well.

Soviet Heavy said:
Just a quick reminder that there's no 32v32 combat, that AT-AT was on rails, and no singleplayer.
I knew about the other bits, but where did you heard the big walker was on rails?

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
Totally not scripted or anything, nope, not at all. "Gameplay trailers" are basically just in-engine teasers which will probably be down-graded once they realize the consoles can't handle it.

Supernova1138

Oct 24, 2011
Aerosteam said:
At this point for AAA devlopment I'm pretty sure beta = release and the game being actually finished and relatively bug free is something that might happen three months after release with patches.

Honestly, rushed development is something I would expect in this case since they want to have this game out in time for Christmas and to coincide with the release of the new movie, so Battlefront probably has a similar development cycle to a movie tie-in game. Expect it to suck.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
No space battles
Tiny amount of players
No classes
AT-AT on rails
No singleplayer
No clone wars

So is there anything this game actually has over the prequels besides better graphics? Because from where I'm standing it seems like it's being outdone by a game made 10 years ago.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Alien colonial marines....

This "game footage" was highly scripted it could have been its own movie. No way was this actuall gameplay. Could have been a cinematic made with the game engine for all we know.

Ill wait till the game is actually out before i get excited

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Genocidicles said:
So is there anything this game actually has over the prequels besides better graphics? Because from where I'm standing it seems like it's being outdone by a game made 10 years ago.
"But it's a reboot" the DICE fanboy cried, "we can't hold it up to the original ones."

I honestly can't even get myself up to be mad about this. Fallout 4 is coming, Doom 4 is coming, Source 2 is coming, and for the past 10 years Star Wars has been dead anyway, so I can't bring myself to care that they're retroactively pissing on one of the few Star Wars games I loved all those years ago.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
And the entire gameplay footage was fake as shit. Like the crap that Ubisoft pulls every time with choreographed gameplay that makes it seem better than it is. If you can't show actual multiplayer footage in all of its chaotic glory, then you're probably hiding an ugly truth.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
You know, the trailer doesn't look half bad... BUT, it looks like it needs about a year of polish and a few months to add obviously missing features like the ability to control the AT-AT.

DarkArk

May 3, 2011
X-wings and Ties fighting at Hoth is just wrong, as is Luke being in his RotJ configuration. Honestly if they can't even get these basic lore things right, I'm worried about the rest.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I thought it looked fun. I doubt it will be that much entertaining in the actual game, because people tend to screw things up, but I thought that looked pretty good.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I thought it looked fun. I doubt it will be that much entertaining in the actual game, because people tend to screw things up, but I thought that looked pretty good.
Same here, no-one else seems to agree though. I like battlefront 1 and 2 a lot but I like this version to. It'll have a different feel but that's ok with me, I didn't expect it to be since its different developers.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
I expect nothing and i still get disappointed.

HUD looks stupid, to much pop up stuff you cna barely see the actual game.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Well, it doesn't look that much like the old Battlefront games, but it does look interesting enough that it may be the first multuplayer-only shooter I'll have bought since Battlefield 2142. After I see reviews of the actual game and here that it's stable, of course.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
It looked great! Well, assuming that trailer was representative of actual gameplay, which I do somewhat doubt. I do think people are still being ridiculously cynical about this, but whatever. Sure as hell looked like Battlefront to me.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
Ya, that was 100% cinematic
Gave us no real idea of what the game will be like.
I just hope they improve the AI from the suicidal bullet sponges of the originals. In a post Halo:Reach world I cant stomach AI that just runs at the enemy and shoot. Interact with the environment.... Crouch, hide, strafe, hold a position or display any kind of intelligence or survival instinct.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Looks very pretty...also fake as hell.

The worst part was the map just looked so empty. Like at the start there it looked great having a bunch of players all together until you realise that is literally ALL the players on the entire rebel side so when you get outside everything is just empty. Periodically you see big groups of troops moving about (like the Rebels retreating in front of the AT AT at ~2:15) but again, every time that's the ENTIRE TEAM TOGETHER.

Battlefront games badly need a whole bunch of AI bots for that "chaotic battle" feel. Hell I felt the older games didn't have enough of them in the first place and to hear they're being largely removed...

This is seriously going to have to be mind-blowingly good to win me across honestly. The pretty graphics aren't a bad start though.