Adam Jensen Hunts The Illuminati In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Adam Jensen Hunts The Illuminati In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided continues Adam Jensen's story as he aims to expose the Illuminati's manipulations.

Read Full Article

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Can't wait. Loved the first one, and very much looking forward to seeing the story continue. Hope Pritchard's back, too.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided continues Adam Jensen's story as he aims to expose the Illuminati's manipulations.
And unless they decide to make this an actual reboot, we all know Jensen will utter fail or not actually accomplish anything as the Illuminati have to still be around and still be unknown to the general population in "future" games.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
So, how many others are scared by the complete lack of stealthy gameplay in the "trailer"?

Also: which of the endings is canonical?

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Alleged_Alec said:
So, how many others are scared by the complete lack of stealthy gameplay in the "trailer"?

I'm assuming it was Darrow's ending - the one where they expose all the info, I guess humanity didn't do the right thing...

It looks good, but I do hope there's still the stealthy options! :)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Damn that trailer had some framerate issues. :eek:

While HR didn't come close to the dizzy heights reached by the first game, I cannot deny just how much fun I had with it for a long time. Hoping this captures at least that again.

I can only fight enemies I can see.
Sounds like.. dare I say, some sort of invisible war..?

Quirkymeister

May 1, 2015
Do they still have the pre-animated cutaway melee moves? Because I really hated that in Human Revolution; even Invisible War did melee better than that game did. Also, would Adam Jensen start off with all the augmentations from Human Revolution? Or will they contrive a reason to be able to upgrade him all over again.

Also, considering they share a voice actor, I'm surprised Adam doesn't become Walton Simons from the first Deus Ex; theirs ages match up, and it would be a hell of a twist that Adam Jensen eventually becomes evil and opposes the protagonist of the chronologically next game. Might still happen at the end of this one. Who knows?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Looking forward to this one, let's see if they can keep their momentum from Human Revolution up, I must have played that game through 3-4 times in a row first time I got it.

Teoes said:
Damn that trailer had some framerate issues. :eek:

While HR didn't come close to the dizzy heights reached by the first game, I cannot deny just how much fun I had with it for a long time. Hoping this captures at least that again.

I can only fight enemies I can see.
Sounds like.. dare I say, some sort of invisible war..?
Don't... Don't bring that up... The horror... The horror...

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Quirkymeister said:
Do they still have the pre-animated cutaway melee moves? Because I really hated that in Human Revolution; even Invisible War did melee better than that game did. Also, would Adam Jensen start off with all the augmentations from Human Revolution? Or will they contrive a reason to be able to upgrade him all over again.

Also, considering they share a voice actor, I'm surprised Adam doesn't become Walton Simons from the first Deus Ex; theirs ages match up, and it would be a hell of a twist that Adam Jensen eventually becomes evil and opposes the protagonist of the chronologically next game. Might still happen at the end of this one. Who knows?
All the upgrades from last game are probably 'obsolete' so you'd probably have to upgrade them again.
The new dermal armour looks makes that pretty likely.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
anonymity88 said:
Alleged_Alec said:

I'm assuming it was Darrow's ending - the one where they expose all the info, I guess humanity didn't do the right thing...

Apparently none of the endings are cannon, so you could say they chose a thrid.. fourth.. er.. fifth? option.

Also, I don't think the DX:HR trailer had much in the way of stealth game-play either, it was primarily ass kicking for goodness.

I am sad Malik isn't in the game. There was a spark there, I'm sure of it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
anonymity88 said:
Alleged_Alec said:

My feeling is that it is the Self Destruct ending. Lack of information can often make people afraid and angry, often in riotous ways.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Shinkicker444 said:
anonymity88 said:
Alleged_Alec said:

Apparently none of the endings are cannon, so you could say they chose a thrid.. fourth.. er.. fifth? option.

Also, I don't think the DX:HR trailer had much in the way of stealth game-play either, it was primarily ass kicking for goodness.

I am sad Malik isn't in the game. There was a spark there, I'm sure of it.
Considering that saving her was optional it would likely lead to some people being confused if she appeared in the new game.