Batman: Arkham Knight Review - Predictable Story, Fantastic Game

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Batman: Arkham Knight Review - Predictable Story, Fantastic Game

From start to finish, this game reminds you why you loved Batman the first two times.

Read Full Article

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Just 4 hours and 36 minutes from the time of posting this till I'll be picking up my copy at a midnight release. Can't frickin' wait!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
You did not give it a perfect score?! BURN THE HEATHEN!!!!!!!!

No, kidding, of course. If anything, I'm jealous that you already got to play it. Not fair. It's been in my store for a few days now, sitting safely in boxes labeled 'Do not sell until 6/23'. Glad to hear that this is everything I'm expecting, although I admit that I'm a bit surprised that Talia is not there. Or perhaps that was deliberately vague? We shall see.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I'm interesed in how I will think of the game. While none of the three Arkham games was bad, I enjoyed probably Origins the most while not liking City that much. That's mostly because of the second half of Origins, which suprised me with its look into Joker's psyche.

I know this is an unpopular opinion. But from the spoiler-free reviews I've read, the psychological stuff is back and potentially dark. That's how I like Batman best.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
Clearly they did not review this on the PC (yeah I know they reviewed it on the XBone) I'm really glad I didn't pre-order this after reading all the hate posted on the Steam Discussions and Reddit.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Xerosch said:
I know this is an unpopular opinion. But from the spoiler-free reviews I've read, the psychological stuff is back and potentially dark. That's how I like Batman best.
You are going to love this one.

LittleMikey said:
Clearly they did not review this on the PC (yeah I know they reviewed it on the XBone) I'm really glad I didn't pre-order this after reading all the hate posted on the Steam Discussions and Reddit.
We tried to get a PC copy but WB wasn't providing - I'm gonna buy and look into it ASAP though.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
JonB said:
We tried to get a PC copy but WB wasn't providing - I'm gonna buy and look into it ASAP though.
Don't. Buy a whole bunch of socks instead.

captcha: in a box

There's an idea. Buy socks in a box.

StorkV

Sep 6, 2014
I am so happy I didn't pre-order! I already got burned with Arkham Origins but didn't with Arkham Knight, I was tempted though...

*referring to the PC version of the game*

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Xerosch said:
I enjoyed probably Origins the most while not liking City that much.
I started this on PS3 with a buddy. We rushed too much, faced Deathstroke without having leveled up and it was impossible to beat him. For $5 I'm playing on PC now (much better graphics) and taking my sweet time. I am almost completely armored up and having a blast. Not that under rated: even detractors concede it is fun. I'm loving it. But Arkham City on PS3 was magic. Funny, IGN review criticized it for all it's villains. The reviewer later posted a partial retraction: "what was I thinking?" that he now appreciates getting to play against all those baddies. A favorite that will be hard to match: Mr. Freeze. I loved that part.

LittleMikey said:
I'm really glad I didn't pre-order this after reading all the hate posted on the Steam Discussions and Reddit.
I ordered it from gamestop to get the pre-order Harley Quinn. I got it for the Xb1 as, my PS4, with 1/2 dozen games, is already fricken out of storage space!!!! That may kill gen 8.

StorkV said:
I am so happy I didn't pre-order! I already got burned with Arkham Origins but didn't with Arkham Knight, I was tempted though...

*referring to the PC version of the game*
Got the XB1. Very sad: I think it will take till next week for Gamestop to get it to me. But I get the Harley Quinn level. I've done much dumber things in my life.

residentout1

May 21, 2013
I can't wait to playing this latter today a looks like I have fun and I hope the game has a lot of psychological stuff witch sounds like I does. (can someone tell me the name of the song that they use in the trailers I would look at YouTube comments for it but I don't want spoilers)

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
The reviews on Steam would give a logical conclusion as to why review copies weren't PC versions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

Almost 3 times as many negative reviews as positive and almost all based around the performance and optimisation.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
residentout1 said:
I can't wait to playing this latter today a looks like I have fun and I hope the game has a lot of psychological stuff witch sounds like I does. (can someone tell me the name of the song that they use in the trailers I would look at YouTube comments for it but I don't want spoilers)
Apparently it's called Mercy, from Muse's new album, Drones. Strange, they change their style yet again.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Looked at this review and my jaw hit the floor in shock at the overwhelming positivity after having just looked at it on Steam. Then I realised this is almost certainly not a review of the PC version of the game.

For anyone reading: the PC version is apparently a poorly-optimised mess currently holding at a 30% score out of four and a half thousand reviews on Steam. In fact its apparently locked to 30FPS unless you edit config files. Avoid, get the console version if you want it.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
residentout1 said:
Apparently it's called Mercy, from Muse's new album, Drones. Strange, they change their style yet again.
It sounded like it was getting closer to their style from earlier albums...but it isn't enough. Haven't bought The 2nd Law, probably won't buy Drones. Love Muse's earlier stuff (read: between Showbiz and Resistance), but everything I heard from The 2nd Law was distinctly not-Muse.

On the topic of Batman, having a great time so far, LOVE driving around the city and I also enjoy the car combat...but I do think it is shoe-horned into missions when it doesn't need to be, thus ruining the flow a bit. Not enough to ruin the game, but the prompts for its use (to me, anyway) aren't clear enough sometimes. Have found myself trying to find a door for 5 mins when I actually needed the Batmobile.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
JonB said:
Xerosch said:
You are going to love this one.

LittleMikey said:
Yeah that doesn't surprise me, WB seem to want to keep taht under the rug as much as possible.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
Played a few hours on PC last night, I set everything to 1080 max (which it didn't recommend) and although the performance wasn't amazing on a gtx 970, I encountered no bugs or anything that breaks the game.

Ralancian

Jan 14, 2012
wizzy555 said:
Played a few hours on PC last night, I set everything to 1080 max (which it didn't recommend) and although the performance wasn't amazing on a gtx 970, I encountered no bugs or anything that breaks the game.
Glad to see another person not having major issues, I'm not a high-end range of graphics cards so have had turn the game down a bit, but still running at 1080. It still looks way better than Arkham City did on max, I love the animation whilst gliding on the cape.

I could probably play the game on max but it didn't particularly like showing Batman's finishing moves in close up slow motion.

I'm honestly chalking this up to normal gamer rage at not being able to play the game at max settings and some level of entitlement. It appears to be just poorly optimised currently and needing work in that area but not an unplayable piece of rubbish. However I refuse to believe anyone with a semi-decent rig can't play the game at all, which is hardly surprising considering this was built for next-gen consoles only thus the lowest settings aren't as low as they use to be as no PS3/360 version was being developed so they did not have to make sure it worked that way.

EDIT: The game is fantastic BTW if you enjoyed Asylum/City/Origins you really need to get hold of it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
V TheSystem V said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
residentout1 said:
It sounded like it was getting closer to their style from earlier albums...but it isn't enough. Haven't bought The 2nd Law, probably won't buy Drones. Love Muse's earlier stuff (read: between Showbiz and Resistance), but everything I heard from The 2nd Law was distinctly not-Muse.
I feel the same. It's almost like they ran out of ideas by the 2nd law, so sort of faffed around with various sounds and just called it a day. I would bet contractual obligations demanded something from them either way. However, i heard another track from Drones which sounded pretty good. Perhaps it could be worth testing the water to see if it's ok to leap back in once more.