Apotheca: The Secret Potion Society Review - Potion Motion

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012

A game that puts match three addictiveness into a fast playing middleweight tabletop body.

Read Full Article

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
JonB said:

A game that puts match three addictiveness into a fast playing middleweight tabletop body.

Read Full Article
Woo! I'm glad you gave this a good review.

I am a backer of this, which of course means you have that nervous esteemed interest in the product through development. Especially if you have, in essence, just bought something that will take a year to get to your grubby mitts.

It looked fun, and shorter games like this go down well at my games club where you often find yourself finishing another game with an hour to go and need something short and easy to fill the rest of the time.

I am backing this, Zombicide: Black Plague, and Battalia at the moment. The latter looks interesting too... Like Apotheca I was drawn in by the nice art, and stayed because it looked fun. Sounds like it has that element of trying to win by feinting your strategy like in Catan. Have you been following this one?

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
I am backing this, Zombicide: Black Plague, and Battalia at the moment. The latter looks interesting too... Like Apotheca I was drawn in by the nice art, and stayed because it looked fun. Sounds like it has that element of trying to win by feinting your strategy like in Catan. Have you been following this one?
I have not, but now I am curious.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Looks interesting, though I might be biased since alchemy (as a fantasy element) has always been something I've loved, and this game seems to pierce that niche quite thoroughly. Still, I'll throw some money at it. Been wanting to expand my tabletop collection.