New Video Series by Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
New Video Series by Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee

Two new video series launch next week, and one of them is created by none other than Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee Croshaw.

We've been launching a lot of new content lately, from web comics like YouTube Channel to help host them [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/erin-dies-alone/13568-Erin-Dies-Alone-001].

Hopefully, you're already well acquainted with GoodBadFlicks [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/take-my-money/10183-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Gear]. Well, we have two new shows scheduled to start next week and we can't wait to show them to you! The first - wait, are you sitting? Good. The first is a brand new show created by none other than Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee Croshaw, called Judging by the Cover. The second, Cosplay Closet, is all about how to kick your wardrobe up a notch with some casual cosplay.

I *could* tell you about them, or I could show you. Since we're talking about video here, showing you only seems more appropriate. Allow us to tease you with the following:

Feeling teased? We're flirtatious like that.

Tune in next week right here on The Escapist and check out all of our video shows beamed straight to your eyeballs in digital awesome format. Want to follow us on YouTube as well? Even better [https://www.youtube.com/user/EscapistPlays].

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/take-my-money]

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol. the cover part sounds funny. the other, well, cant say it gets me excited but i give it a try. always good to have some new stuff coming. after bob and jim left, it was pretty empty here. goodbadflicks at least is really good and non player counselor are once im really looking forward too every week.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
*Sits back in chair, making evil contemplation hand pyramid* This pleases me.

Good to see some new content coming. Hopefully it all works out.

*Nefariously claps hands in excitement*

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
New content is always interesting, one way or another.

In particular, the Yahtzee idea seems good on paper, but I'd fear that it might become stale rather quickly.

kimiyoribaka

Jul 11, 2012
s0osleepie said:
we re-launch a brand new YouTube Channel to help host them.
Your phrasing is self-contradicting...

I'll be interested in seeing how long this video series lasts (I'm only going to acknowledge the one mentioned in the article title).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You know how they say 'Shoe, don't tell' in writing stories? Well, in this case, more information is required, I think.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Well, I'm curious, ZP has seemed a little stale for a while so hopefully Yahtzee can make this new one work.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
In particular, the Yahtzee idea seems good on paper, but I'd fear that it might become stale rather quickly.
That's exactly what I fear. Doesn't seem to offer much.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Not too sure about the Yahtzee thing. It seems like it cannot be more than a couple minutes long for each cover.

FalloutJack said:
You know how they say 'Shoe, don't tell' in writing stories? Well, in this case, more information is required, I think.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
SKBPinkie said:
Not too sure about the Yahtzee thing. It seems like it cannot be more than a couple minutes long for each cover.

FalloutJack said:
...which leads me to the importance of checking one's own spelling.

*Flails*

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
kimiyoribaka said:
s0osleepie said:
we re-launch a brand new YouTube Channel to help host them.
Your phrasing is self-contradicting...
Thanks for pointing that out. Honestly, I wasn't sure what was the best way to phrase it at the time. I've fixed it.

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
Here's a better idea than this new shit, rehire moviebob so he can continue doing the big picture and escape to the movies.

And while you're at it, fire the Cinemarter guy.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Well, they had the trailer for the two shows. Not a whole not more "showing" they can do without just showing us the full episodes.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
"Judging by the Cover" looks like it could be interesting series, but we'll have to see if it has the same re-watchable appeal that has me constantly going back to the start of ZP and re-watching my way back to the latest episode (not in one sitting, obviously), only to start all over again once I hit the latest episode.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
JoJo said:
Well, I'm curious, ZP has seemed a little stale for a while so hopefully Yahtzee can make this new one work.
agreed. havent watched ZP for some time now.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
FalloutJack said:
Well, they had the trailer for the two shows. Not a whole not more "showing" they can do without just showing us the full episodes.
Judging by the Cover is exactly what it sounds like! I highly recommend you check out the first episode this Friday for more information and to see if you like it :)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I'm really quite looking forwards to more original video content from The Escapist, historically you guys have put out good quality stuff even when it's had hiccups like the drama with Extra Credits. Either way, At least it's not reporting old Youtube content like Game Theorists was so new things ahoy!

FalloutJack said:
I think the shoe may be on the other foot, or did you walk a mile in their shoes?

Either way I'm going to wait for the other shoe to drop.

(I'm sorry... I had to.)

kaizen2468 said:
Here's a better idea than this new shit, rehire moviebob so he can continue doing the big picture and escape to the movies.

And while you're at it, fire the Cinemarter guy.
Have you SEEN his more recent videos? The man works at Screwattack now and his stuff's quality has taken a nosedive.
Plus there's his whole attitude where he managed to insult quite a few people through social media to the point where Escapist management had to remove his twitter feed from the website's twitter update piece on the main page. I'm pretty sure that Bob then attacked Escapist Management on social media after being let go so I can't see them being all that happy to rehire him.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
vallorn said:
I think the shoe may be on the other foot, or did you walk a mile in their shoes?

Either way I'm going to wait for the other shoe to drop.

(I'm sorry... I had to.)
Now, you've done it.

I am now morally-obligated to throw shoes at people who don't supply enough information.