Terminator: Everything You Need to Know Before Watching Terminator Genisys

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Terminator: Everything You Need to Know Before Watching Terminator Genisys

Whether you've seen them all and just can't remember specific important details, or you are a complete newbie to the franchise, we've got you covered with the ultimate guide to the Terminator series.

Read Full Article

Mave

Jan 26, 2014
The Terminator...... Yeah man I'm getting old, I remember every movie....

I love The Terminator, I actually watched it on a movie theater and let me tell you when my friends ask me to go and whatch the "Terminator" with them my reaction was "Dude can we get into an adult (XXX) theater?" we didn't knew what the fuck the movie was about, I thought "oh, is a stalker kind of thing" And suddenly BAM! arnie rips off the skin on his arm and "metal skeleton" and then he takes out his own eye, yeah I'm going to sound old but, I miss the days when the internet didn't spoil the movies for us.

I had BIG expectations with T2, but I was also afraid, cause second parts are never good, bare with me, I hated rambo 2, Poltergeist 2 was crap, the exorcist well...... so I was afraid of what I was going to see and then, I fell in love with T2 it's just better in every aspect, Sarah Connor became my favorite female action character, she is soooo badass, the T-1000 was fucking scary, and the CGI, T2 has some of the best chasing sequences I have seen, still today it holds up quite well, and that ending? So much for making an gorwn up cry on an action movie.

T3 goes down to the shithole, my problem is not that the T-X is a female, my problem is who the choose to fill the role and how bad she was doing it, besides John and John's wife are anoying and of course, I miss Sarah so badly, and this is the deal, how can the T-X so bad, when we had examples of female badassery on the 2 previous movies? I fell this one is rused and somewhat smaller than the 2 previous movies.

Salvation was good in my opinion, if you're a fan of the saga you'll love it, It fixes a lot of problems with T3, John Connor is a strong soldier one more time and he actually does something in the fucking movie not like T3, yeah people were expecting the war and the lasers from the 1st one but still, you see lot of important things happen in this movie and once again if you follow the saga this stich together a lot of things that were missing from the previous ones.

Am I watching the new one?, well Sarah is back so thats good, she seem to be quite a strong female lead so that's great too, Arnie looks funkie as an old T 800 ( I'm sure they're explaining that since it's living tissue over the cyborg it grew old) so yea I will watch it, I really hope my heart is not broke like with T3 but, hey it's Terminator, it deserves the chance.

And that's my unrequested opnion of The Terminator saga.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Ugh... I accidentally reloaded my page and erased my comment... I'll try again.

Weird, your feelings on Edward Furlong. Most people I know think he did great in that movie. Though, moving beyond that point, he only had like one other good movie under his belt... and boy is he ugly now, WOW. I freakin' hate Jai Courtney. How does that guy get work? He is amazingly boring and a terrible actor. I think not having Anton Yelchin is the biggest loss on the franchise at this point. He is a great actor. For the record, the only good thing was Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese. On the downside you have Sam Worthington, who is Jai Courtney a decade ago. Boring and a terrible actor. Christian Bale is a mixed bag, he is a decent enough actor but some of his movies are only so-so.

Three was OK by my standards. It was just a boring incremental sequel (T800 + T1000 = TX, only the TX was not nearly as cool as the T1000). The ending I thought was good because Judgement Day was presented as inevitable, and I thought a movie post Judgement Day would be awesome (boy was i wrong). What was up with those damn motorcycle terminators, that was an awful idea. It was like if Terminator was created by the same people who came up with Transformers. I basically wanted to the battle of Helms Deep with Terminator and lasers, it would have been a win if they just did that. But no, they had to have that BS with Sam Worthington and a fight with a mediocre CGI Arnold/T800. Talk about hard fail.

I'm ranting... I'm done. I am hoping for the best with this movie and preparing for the worst.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I like how they say that Terminators can age despite the lore proving they don't. In the series The Sarah Connor Chronicles, in season 2 there is an episode titled "Self Made Man", in it a Terminator hides for almost 70 years without aging a day. Now while time travel may erase certain events from happening, it doesn't change how the Terminators work.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I wanted these awesome laser fights that future segments from the earlier films depicted, and instead I got a washed-out desert wasteland with mediocre CGI, cold human characters, and dull action scenes. Yawn.
I knew there was a reason I count you amongst one of my good friends Matthew. You basically took the words out of my mouth and I should know, I was talking about Salvation just the other day and I was moaning regretting the lack of laser.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Mave said:
The Terminator...... Yeah man I'm getting old, I remember every movie....

I love The Terminator, I actually watched it on a movie theater
Me too. I was in my final year of USAF service in California. After, my buddy kept giggling, "I'll be back." Hey, it was new then.

I had BIG expectations with T2, but I was also afraid, cause second parts are never good
Mostly correct for 1992. They're getting better now, but then? You had Godfather II, From Russia With Love, Empire Strikes Back, Aliens. Not a whole heck of a lot else to make you think sequels can be great. And plenty of disappointments then.

T3 goes down to the shithole
Can't agree there. I write a bit about why in the Escapists review of T5 forum thread.

Salvation was good in my opinion
I recall I did not hate it, liked seeing CGI Arnie, but really don't recall much at all about it. Kind of jumped the shark with what I want from one of these movies. That, and the PS3 tie in was ghad awful and left a bad taste in my mouth for the entire enterprise.

I bought tickets for this Sunday morning. I can't wait.

Nilanius

Apr 6, 2009
Well I wont post spoilers, but I did see the new film. And quite frankly, this "reboot" I feel, is a flop. They should of left well enough alone after Salvation. Yes they included elements from the first terminator movie. But this film... hate to say it but Kyle was a decent actor in this, so was Sarah, and yeah ol Arny was good too. It's just too bad the script was mind numbing, and the dialogues and action sequences just didn't do the film any favor.

I actually think this film makes Salvation look good. And Salvation was pretty bad.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
008Zulu said:
Now while time travel may erase certain events from happening, it doesn't change how the Terminators work.
Well, to be fair it could, given that each rehashed timeline has it's own quirks it's not unreasonable that differing design decisions could have been made. But yeah, inconsistent writing it the likely culprit, but the excuses are there if you want to grasp for them ;)