Play Zero Punctuation's Hatfall, Now Live!

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Play Zero Punctuation's Hatfall, Now Live!

Hatfall, Zero Punctuation's official hat-putting-on simulator, is now live and available to play!

We are proud to announce the launch of Zero Punctuation reviews [http://hatfall.escapistmagazine.com] are a staple on The Escapist. But why only watch Zero Punctuation when you can play it as well?

In Hatfall, hats fall from the sky, and you move Yahtzee back and forth to catch them. Miss once and you lose. Simple right? And yet, you will quickly discover that a career in hat procurement is more fraught with pitfalls than it seems at first glance.

[gallery=4394]

Activating Survival Mode, for example, will add the need to look after Yahtzee's hunger and thirst meters, and could even necessitate a trip to the forest to hunt for food. Can he fill the larder without raising the ire of the local forest animal corporation? Will he hunt down a rare forest buffalo, only to realize that he can carry a meager 100 pounds (45kg) of meat? Of course, that's just one of the hidden mini-games that may ensnare our hero in his ongoing quest for hats. Can you find them all?

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arcade/view/13-Zero-Punctuation-Game-Hatfall]
[http://bit.ly/hatfall_ios_from_escapist]

[http://bit.ly/hatfall_android_from_escapist]

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
It's been a long time since I've laughed as hard as the time I just got impaled by a telephone pole with the text yelling "Look at this pillock". Holy shit.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
hat-chan died on the teacup ride. i will never love again.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
It's been so long since I've heard that full glorious guitar solo.

Praise the Lambcrust Defense Fleet for menu music.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Hatfall is nice, but what we really need on the Escapist Arcade is a Flash port of The Consuming Shadow.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Hatfall is actually pretty hard considering what the game is. I can't get past level 5!

EDIT: And now I have gotten to level 10 twice.

Catasros

Dec 9, 2013
Someone stole my golden desk, the insurance company didn't believe me and mini-Yahtz got progressively drunk. Well worth the price on mobile device, just buy the full thing already.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Bad Jim said:
Hatfall is nice, but what we really need on the Escapist Arcade is a Flash port of The Consuming Shadow.
Oh my yes, I really, really enjoyed that one and I'm planning to purchase it on Steam when it comes out. Hatfall I can attempt later...

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Bad Jim said:
Well Yahtzee is planning on selling that one for actual money so maybe a demo.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fun and entertaining, at least insofar as using up a bit of extra time in an amusing way. Once again, it's Yahtzee that breathes life into the Escapist, and don't you deny it.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Catasros said:
Someone stole my golden desk, the insurance company didn't believe me and mini-Yahtz got progressively drunk. Well worth the price on mobile device, just buy the full thing already.
What does the mobile version has that the flash game doesn't? If it's the same, then I don't see the point, as I can play Flash games on my phone anyway.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I bought it. I liked it. It speaks to how spoiled we are when my first reaction was "2 Dollars?!?" but there is quite a bit of work put in and Yahtzee's charm is all over it.

Good show sir, the story is also amazing! I'm looking forward to more Yahtzee themed games. Particularly a side scrolling horror themed beat-em up called Hatborne...

Your welcome for that golden idea BTW.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Honestly, for $2.00 it's a pretty damn good piece of work. I can see myself killing some dull hours trying not to get impaled by telephone poles.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The actual game is fun enough, but I would have gotten bored after 20 minutes if not for the surprises.

The bear one seems random whether or not the same responses have positive or negative outcome, but Hat-chan seems repeatable. I only tried the net game once, and was expecting the horse picture to have something too.

The wizard is great, but I have never been able to catch anything with bloody ground version.

My best so far is 13, but I doubt I'll keep playing.

I do have that damn song stuck in my head though. You know the one...

Catasros

Dec 9, 2013
Doom972 said:
Catasros said:
What does the mobile version has that the flash game doesn't? If it's the same, then I don't see the point, as I can play Flash games on my phone anyway.
three extra characters available, you directly support Yahtzee and playing it on a mobile device just makes more sense due to it's inherent simplicity. Besides, it cost 2 dollars, you cannot call it expensive. It positively drips with the Zero Punctuation feel.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone know how to tell, when the game starts dropping two things, which shadow is the hat and which is the anvil/fridge/other-heavy-thing-that-kills-you? Or is it intentionally a crapshoot?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Ima Lemming said:
Does anyone know how to tell, when the game starts dropping two things, which shadow is the hat and which is the anvil/fridge/other-heavy-thing-that-kills-you? Or is it intentionally a crapshoot?
The size of the shadow tells you which is which. Fridges are larger while anvil/pole etc are smaller. It's a case of learning the shadow size to tell the difference but it is hard.