Batman V Superman's Full Trailer Finally Arrives

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Batman V Superman's Full Trailer Finally Arrives

Want to know what Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is all about? Its first trailer will finally answer some questions while raising others.

Where Marvel has a dozen movies we could be looking forward to at any given time, DC Comics pretty much has one: <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman%20v%20superman?os=batman+v+superman>Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. And even with the silly name, it's absolutely shooting for the moon, presenting the first theatrical meeting between two major superheroes of all time while laying groundwork for the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137207-domains-registered-for-wonder-woman-aquaman-shazam-movies>Justice League and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138864-Will-Smith-Margot-Robbie-Jared-Leto-And-More-Cast-In-Warner-Bros-Suicide-Squad-DC-Comics-Movie>Suicide Squad films. What wasn't entirely clear was how Warner Bros. would fit everything into one film, but the first trailer - released today at San Diego Comic-Con - is giving us quite a few hints to mull over.

From all appearances, the big question driving this film is whether Superman can be trusted. After a disaster eerily reminiscent of Man of Steel's Kryptonian attack strikes Wayne Financial, the American government holds Superman responsible and contacts Lex Luthor for a solution. But the event has already placed Superman on Bruce Wayne's radar, who brings Batman seemingly out of retirement to handle this new threat. Caught in the middle of all this is Superman himself, who is torn between the hero he wants to be and the symbol he's being subverted into - a symbol that's also been co-opted by some kind of terrorist group.

[gallery=4405]

Meanwhile, all kinds of extra details are creeping in around the edges - most notably Wonder Woman leaping into battle, and messages painted by the Joker onto Batman's uniform. It seems this trailer is raising just as many questions as it answers, but I have to admit - it is raising my interest and excitement for Batman V Superman. We'll find out if that's justified when the movie launches on March 25, 2016.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Don't care for the tone, but I like Batman and Wonder Woman's costumes. Decent castings for both too, I think.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Crap, I am conflicted within myself.

I don't want to watched it but the trailer did entice me in some places (how does Wonder Woman fit into this). Yeah it does look like a sequel to the Man of Steel when that part inside the zipper is reveal.

Honestly I just to see the two of them fighting alongside each other, not against each other (enouigh of the grim dark bull)! Yes I know they fought from time to time but for the most time, they get along despite their different view like sunlight and darkness in harmony.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I rather liked the trailer, but why should I care who wins? They're both good guys. I just want them to hug it out.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"He has the power to kill all humans and must be stopped", you say, Batman? You mean Doomsday? Or Lex Luthor with nuclear launch codes (won't be the case, but could fit)? Or Zombie Zod? or......... ?

Yeah, that line will have a double meaning, and/or just refer to the big bad monster.
Started to wonder if Wonder Woman was going to make an appearance at all.

So yeah; doesn't leave me very hopeful! :(

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I like it. They aren't glossing over the fact that Superman destroyed a major city without even trying to lower the potential damage, and that the fallout that some guys (can't remember who) calculated in terms of loose of life and economic impact will likely be still felt full force. And the conflict is a natural and logical one, especially with the image of Lex and Bruce potentially starting as allies of convenience (something a lot of people forget is that while Lex is a socio-path, everything he does is genuinely driven by his wanting to protect the human race and make things better).

Superman being viewed as an extinction level event unto himself is not only logical, it's odd how many continuities DON'T have that both addressed and driving the plot when he first comes onto the stage. Think about it, sure he saves people every now and then, but the monsters he is the only one capable of fighting only ever started showing up after he did, and likely would go to whatever planet he did if he left, while he himself also is a threat because if he ever goes crazy (which has low odds, but not low enough to disregard when speaking about the survival of the human race) or if he wants to become a dictator, there's nothing which could be done to stop him.

The military trying to find a way to defeat him isn't where it could logically stop, it could be a uniting force for the world's governments. Sure people could see it as evil since he hasn't done anything wrong, but the problem with Superman isn't that he would do it, it's that he CAN do it at all.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
That was so... BEAUTIFUL!!

Call me a sucka, I don't give a massive fuck. When I see something I like and enjoyed I will embrace the nerd orgasm that has been fired up inside me. If you love it, enjoy it, if you didn't then there is no problem with that. Not everyone has the same taste. If we did, the world would be dead boring.

GO PICTURE!!

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
The only enjoyment I'm going to get out of this trainwreck is trolling fanboys online. This movie looks awful.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
That shot of Batman dodging Supermans laser with his grappling hook was fucking godly!

Can't wait to see more! :D

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That trailer looks like a mess and it looks like the movie will be all over the place.

To me it looks like Batman and Superman will being having their own little private moments, then a massive fight between the two, and oh yeah, by the way, here's Wonder Woman or whatever. That's the kind of impression I'm getting from the trailer, and it's really not making me want to see the movie.

So yeah, not sold. :/

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So, the Good: Looks like they aren't just going to ignore Supes' destruction of a major metropolitan area from the first movie.

The Bad: Lex Luther looks like Carret Top.

And oh yeah, Wonder Women is in there, too... and so was her invisible jet. :p

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm not sure I like the direction their going with this. I still think they're trying to cram too much into one movie, what with shoehorning Wonder Woman in there.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I think I'm now more confused by what this movie is going to be about. I didn't even know that was fucking possible!

Also, did I see Batman in a desert environment being held down by goons or soldiers or something? Why? And is that Carrot Top wannabe Lex Luthor? And the Wonder Woman scene looked really bad. Like something out of a decent to low quality fan film.

I don't even know where to begin with this. It looks like a train wreck, though. And not even an entertaining one. I'll probably end up watching it (with friends) but highly doubt I will enjoy it.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
They named Superman "Man Of Steel"

And this sort of looks like Batironman

I think someone is trying to steal Marvel's thunder here.

The WW scene looked awful and the hell is she doing in this trailer?

The actress actually looked like a good pick though, the only good pick DC has done so far in this movie.

Edit :

Oh and it looks like we're getting the same old tired "hey this is Batman's origin, have you heard about that yet!"- moment.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
How many movies is this? With Superman dealing with the fallout of Man of steel, Luther (I really don't like what they showed of him in this trailer) being revealed and having to fit in his plan, introducing Batman (though that can be done quickly at this point), Batman and Superman fighting, the trailer shows military personnel with Supes symbol so possibly Superman going dictator, and somehow fitting Wonder Woman in there. This movies seems like it's going to be either long as hell or everything is just going to feel rushed.

On the bright side I can actually see Affleck working as Bruce Wayne even though he looks at bit to old to fit the "just now starting as Batman" bit.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ehh. There were some cool scenes, but I expect that from any trailer. This movie still hasn't got me excited

Fappy said:
Don't care for the tone, but I like Batman and Wonder Woman's costumes. Decent castings for both too, I think.
I still don't buy Battfleck.

Johnny Novgorod said:
I rather liked the trailer, but why should I care who wins? They're both good guys. I just want them to hug it out.
I just can't wait for them to murder half of Gotham and the movie to ignore it until it's pointed out by the fans so many times they're forced to write it into the next movie.

Saltyk said:
And is that Carrot Top wannabe Lex Luthor?
And why does he sound like a discount Joker?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
And oh yeah, Wonder Women is in there, too... and so was her invisible jet. :p
The fact I found that joke more enjoyable then the entire trailer says a lot about my thoughts for this film. I thought the tone for Man of Steele was completely wrong for the character and I generally dislike prevailing DC idea of "Superheros arn't that great" that seems to be running through their films. Thankfully we have WB/DC's TV division showing us how it should be done.

Will probably watch it when it hits DVD/Streaming services because I love the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman and want to see how well he pulls it off. Hopefully I won't fall asleep like I did in Man of Steel & Dark Knight Rises.

Edit:

Coach Morrison said:
On the bright side I can actually see Affleck working as Bruce Wayne even though he looks at bit to old to fit the "just now starting as Batman" bit.
I read that more like he was Batman, retired and got a life and that life got blown up in Man of Steel so now he's pissed.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Zachary Amaranth said:
I'm going to withhold my judgement until I see the movie, but it can't be any worse than his Daredevil.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fappy said:
I'm going to withhold my judgement until I see the movie, but it can't be any worse than his Daredevil.
Oh, I bet it can be. But they'd have to try, and I don't think they're trying.