Celebrating The Escapist's Community Founders

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Celebrating The Escapist's Community Founders

Not to make these community members feel old, but they've now collectively been around for nearly a millenium.

Read Full Article

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
All hail the old ones!

Though, I have to say, the only two I recognise of that list now is Virgil and Greg Tito. I guess it shows how quick the turnover of communities like ours are :)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Hey, hey, hey - I recognize those two! Congratulations to the [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Virgil] survivors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/ThriKreen]!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Oh jeez. I've never seen any one of those guys aside from Virgil and Greg Tito...

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Well, I raise my glass to the old timers.

Aerosteam said:
Oh jeez. I've never seen any one of those guys aside from Virgil and Greg Tito...
m0ng00se just posted today in GiD. So some of them are around.

Kodlak

Feb 5, 2009
Wow a few names I've not seen for a while, time has passed by quickly. Our little forum has grown so big, still worried about the teenage years though... Happy Birthday Escapist

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I wonder what the query criteria is. Can't figure out why 2006 appears to be the cutoff or a few other things (like one user link doesn't go anywhere and one of them only appears to have two posts, so how does the more "dedicated" bit come into play?).

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Lightknight said:
Can't figure out why 2006 appears to be the cutoff
We didn't have Escapist forums prior to that (only WarCry). The other criteria was logging in over the past few months, not quantity of forum posts.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Kross said:
Lightknight said:
We didn't have Escapist forums prior to that (only WarCry). The other criteria was logging in over the past few months, not quantity of forum posts.
Says the man who was here in 2004... Kross, how do you have a forum account 2 years befo... And I just noticed your post count. I see someone has been having a giggle in the server room again.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
vallorn said:
Says the man who was here in 2004... Kross, how do you have a forum account 2 years befo... And I just noticed your post count. I see someone has been having a giggle in the server room again.
Join date's real, though I was at the company for a few months before I made an account (and @encaen started here a month before I did!). Oldest account in the system is Virgil with June 2002.

We didn't even have forums (or any comments) enabled on the Escapist for a while, though we did briefly have a "blog" style layout with comments (that was later merged with the existing WarCry forum system right around when we added video content): http://i.imgur.com/bmg4e5F.png

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Kross said:
Lightknight said:
2006 is the cutoff year where members are no longer considered "founders", there are members in that list from far before that. I was wondering why 2006 because isn't 10 years ago, that would be 2005. But maybe the query was to pull back the WarCry group followed by year one active members?

Recent login makes sense then.