Play Dragon Age: Inquisition Multiplayer, First 6 Hrs of Singleplayer, For Free

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Play Dragon Age: Inquisition Multiplayer, First 6 Hrs of Singleplayer, For Free

The Dragon Age: Inquisition trial lets you play the game's singleplayer campaign for six hours free of charge.

A common complaint of the games industry these days is that the "demo" seems to have gone the way of the dodo, and more often than not there is no way to "try before you buy". EA's Inquisition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/origin] will allow curious shoppers to play the main singleplayer portion of the game for six hours, as well as offering unlimited access to the game's multiplayer.

"A multiplayer adventure like no other: Get unlimited free multiplayer, including both multiplayer Expansion Packs with the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trial. Explore the world of Dragon Age with friends. Experience incredible adventures and fight sinister enemies with friends who own the game and those playing the trial," wrote EA on the game's Origin store page.

As an added bonus, those six hours you sink into the game's singleplayer campaign will carry over if you do decide to go ahead and purchase it. For now, this offer is only available for the PC version of the game, and will only be available "for a limited time".

Just for clarification, the six hours of play is six hours of actual game time - the timer only ticks while you are in-game.

This can only be commended as another fantastic move from Origin [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137922-Dragon-Age-Origins-Free-on-Origin-For-Limited-Time], but I'm certain long-standing Origin haters will still find a way to chastise EA for it.

Source: Origin [https://www.origin.com/en-jp/store/buy/194847/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition]

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Interesting idea. I wonder if they will try it with other games in their library. Probably not any of their generic modern warfighter games, their single player experience can be completed in 5 hours.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Nice move, but only 6 hours of Inquisition would mostly be hinterlands would it not? Hardly a shining example of the games qualities.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Now if only they would rip origin out of it and put it on steam, I would buy it.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
They did the same thing on the Xbox One a few months back, so I am not surprised.

It was a good idea then, still is now.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Good idea, terrible first choice. DA:I is a pretty bad game(a true single player MMO) and the multiplayer is abysmal. All this should do is impress upon people that this is not a game worth owning.... which I guess is good... so... meh?

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
This can only be commended as another fantastic move from Origin, but I'm certain long-standing Origin haters will still find a way to chastise EA for it.
As a long-standing Origin/EA hater I will admit this is a good move, but a single limited time offer does not suddenly make the entire service good. Once the service is permanently supported with multiple non-EA published titles I will consider it a massive win for Origin. Also worth noting is that DA:I is an EA published game, so this little stunt is a win for EA, not Origin.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
I like the idea, but I still rather not use Origin (it's still too bad on a technical level itself - it's getting there, I think, but that probably still takes a bit).
Might cause me to use Origin one day, however.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Wuvlycuddles said:
Nice move, but only 6 hours of Inquisition would mostly be hinterlands would it not? Hardly a shining example of the games qualities.
I don't know. If the target here is people like me, who wouldn't buy the game otherwise, then there is nothing to lose.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
snekadid said:
Good idea, terrible first choice. DA:I is a pretty bad game(a true single player MMO) and the multiplayer is abysmal. All this should do is impress upon people that this is not a game worth owning.... which I guess is good... so... meh?
well you know that's your opinion and may be different for like a lot of people:)

OT: great idea and the best way to get people to at least try a game they may not have even taken a second look at GJ EA!

now if they could stop butchering battlefront 3.........

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Nice move by EA, and free stuff is always nice, but the first six hours of the game will basically just plop you into the Hinterlands, which isn't exactly a shining example of a good zone, and the multiplayer isn't exactly anything to write home about, either. Pretty nice for people who were planning on picking it up, but I cannot imagine that it is going to help sales all that much.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Good move. Terrible game.

Witcher 3 is out. I wouldnt play DA:I at this moment unless I got paid for it. Paid well.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
snekadid said:
I wouldn't say that it was bad per se, just not that great: seemed tonally schizophrenic and the ultimate villain was completely naff, but I enjoyed it at the time, particularly the chunks in Orlais. I can't say anything about the multiplayer though, since I'm too put off by the lack of Geth Juggernauts the fact I have to be one of the preset characters and they all sound like wieners of the highest order to me.

OT

Six hours of the Hinterlands would be tedious as feth, but free unlimited multiplayer is a very snazzy deal, so good for Origin says I.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
tzimize said:
Good move. Terrible Not amazing, but not particularly awful game either.

Witcher 3 is out. I wouldnt play DA:I at this moment unless I got paid for it. Paid well.
With that minor correction out of the way, I have to agree with this. I got Witcher 3 last week and it completely blows Inquisition out of the water in every single way.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Now if only they could fix the connection issues that stopped me from enjoying the multiplayer to begin with. It's not like my 50 MB connection is inadequate to the task or anything.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
Think I might give it a shot, been rather interested in DA:I, but been waiting for a heavy discount as it also looks rather boring. 6hrs could be 10-20% of the game if the misc BS quests are skipped I would think, so might be the taste I've been looking for.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This is a good idea. If only it was more widespread. For example, there's no reason why developers that release their games on digital platforms couldn't release for example 1h of their game for free as a demo. Making actual demos cost money, and now with Steam refunds it would be a logical step forward to make something like that.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Wait, this is multiplayer? What's it like exactly? Can you enjoy the story just as well as in Singleplayer, or is it changed in some way?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Soooooo you get to play the multiplayer and the prologue. Got it.

:p