Watch: Tremor Comes to Mortal Kombat X Tomorrow

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: Tremor Comes to Mortal Kombat X Tomorrow

"The black dragon rises."

It feels like only yesterday I got bored with Predator and went back to playing as Scorpion. Predator is awesome, of course, and that in no way reflects on him - rather, how good I am with Scorpion. It appears I'll be hanging up my spear once more starting tomorrow, as the newest DLC character is making his debut in Mortal Kombat X - Tremor.

For those of you who dished out the $29.99 on the Kombat Pack, Tremor will be available tomorrow. Anyone who wants to buy him separately will have to wait until next Tuesday, July 28th.

The Kombat Pack includes four different DLC packs, with playable characters Jason Voorhees, Tanya, Predator, and Tremor each being available with one pack, along with extra skins.

Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon told Gamespot in March [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-x-s-ed-boon-on-violence-fan-demands-/1100-6426222/] that Tremor was added to the roster due to fan demand.

"Character roster stuff has been a big one. There's a really big push for the obscure character we have, Tremor, which I got so many tweets from players wanting that character," Boon said. "It actually stood out to me as odd, but there was this swell of people pushing for it with petitions online and all of this crazy stuff, so we included him, and a big reason was because of fans yelling loud enough."

Tremor originally appeared in 2000 in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces as the brown palette-swapped ninja.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
I always thought Tremor was an odd choice, he existed as a palette swap with a mishmash of moves taken from other fighters. But now, they put a ton of work into making him a truly unique character.

Most of his variations seem to have some form of anti-zoning, and what looks like a lot of launchers and really heavy combos. What I thought was most interesting, was the crystalline variation that can summon an interactable at will.

And coming so soon too. I'm pretty damn excited.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Tohuvabohu said:
I always thought Tremor was an odd choice, he existed as a palette swap with a mishmash of moves taken from other fighters. But now, they put a ton of work into making him a truly unique character.
It's not really all that odd seeing as how they did the same thing with Reptile. He was originally a secret character you could fight in the original MK that was nothing more than a combination of Sub Zero and Scorpion in a green ninja suit. Then they brought him to MK2 and gave him his own moveset.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Tohuvabohu said:

Most of his variations seem to have some form of anti-zoning, and what looks like a lot of launchers and really heavy combos. What I thought was most interesting, was the crystalline variation that can summon an interactable at will.

And coming so soon too. I'm pretty damn excited.
most MK characters are like that, Skarlet, Reptile, Tremor, Noobsaibot, Smoke, etc. the list goes on, a lot of the fighters specially the ninjas are combinations of 2 characters or glitches that got turned into real characters

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
RJ 17 said:
It's not really all that odd seeing as how they did the same thing with Reptile. He was originally a secret character you could fight in the original MK that was nothing more than a combination of Sub Zero and Scorpion in a green ninja suit. Then they brought him to MK2 and gave him his own moveset.
GZGoten said:
most MK characters are like that, Skarlet, Reptile, Tremor, Noobsaibot, Smoke, etc. the list goes on, a lot of the fighters specially the ninjas are combinations of 2 characters or glitches that got turned into real characters
They used to be, but since the reboot of MK9, that kindof thing stopped. Tremor only existed in Vita version of MK9 (not counting that Special Forces spinoff) And in MK9, the existing ninjas and ex-palette swaps were made much more diverse and given their own move lists and fighting animations. They weren't copies of each other anymore. What I meant about Tremor is that he quite literally was a palette swap of Smoke in his combat stance, and took some of Jax's and Ermac's fighting animations for his special attacks. In a game where every character was fresh and distinct from each other, the fact that Tremor was the only character recycled from current moves and animations was kindof strange.

Given the incredibly huge roster of fighters in the MKverse, (and ones who appeared in the story of MKX) I'm surprised they went with bringing back Tremor. But they gave him a very well-deserved treatment of making him a truly distinct character. I was very curious to see him action at first, now I'm excited to play as him.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
(Disappointing)Awww and here i hoped for giant worm snakes that moved underground.

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
Waiting for Baraka, Rain and Sindel to get added. Considering the fact they're actually in the campaign, you'd think they'd have gotten added first. After all, they added Tanya.