Dishonored Definitive Edition Offered Half Price To Return Customers

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013

Digital edition owners qualify for savings on the upgrade.

Bethesda Softworks is due to release Dishonored Definitive Edition to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in just over a month, and they're offering a sweetheart deal to players who have already bought the game previously. Owners of the digital edition of Dishonored on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 will be able to purchase Definitive Edition for $19.99, half off the title's retail price.

PlayStation Plus users may find themselves extra happy about the deal. Dishonored was made available for free to members of the program back in April, and anyone who took advantage of that opportunity will also be eligible to grab the new release at the discounted price.

Announced last month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Dishonored Definitive Edition collects the original 2012 game with its four downloadable content releases into one package with improved visuals.

[gallery=4444]

Dishonored Digital Edition and its discount offer are available for pre-order now from PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace. It is scheduled for release on August 25.

Sources: Eurogamer [https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3e4lce/image_this_is_why_you_always_buy_the_free_ps3vita/]

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Well what about people who bought the physical copy? I've had mine since release, and bought all the dlc, where's my discount for supporting the game?

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
What about us PC customers? Is the definitive edition just updating the resolution and textures to be on par with PC? It would be a shame if we are missing out on some new features, especially as the franchise takes its inspiration from Thief, a PC-centric game.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I bet I have shot myself in the foot here. I have a physical copy for my 360, but have since upgraded to a PS4. I'd love the rerelease, but I will probably wait until it's in a bargain bucket somewhere first!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Conrad Zimmerman said:
PlayStation Plus users may find themselves extra happy about the deal. Dishonored was made available for free to members of the program back in April, and anyone who took advantage of that opportunity will also be eligible to grab the new release at the discounted price.
It was also free on Xbox's Games with Gold thing last August.

But yeah, I've got the physical copy, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah it was on the PS Plus program last August.

And those of us who have a PS4 and not a PS3 are shit out of luck.

(Ah well, I got enough mileage out of the original anyway)

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Talaris said:
What about us PC customers? Is the definitive edition just updating the resolution and textures to be on par with PC? It would be a shame if we are missing out on some new features, especially as the franchise takes its inspiration from Thief, a PC-centric game.
this reminds me of Tomb Raider 2013 and the PS4/Xbox One upgrade
I still cry

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
If it's just model and texture upgrades, pass it to the PC crowd for free (Shadow of Mordor did this) or extremely cheap. $20 is still to much to repurchase again.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Conrad Zimmerman said:

Digital edition owners qualify for savings on the upgrade.

Bethesda Softworks is due to release Dishonored Definitive Edition to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in just over a month, and they're offering a sweetheart deal to players who have already bought the game previously. Owners of the digital edition of Dishonored on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 will be able to purchase Definitive Edition for $19.99, half off the title's retail price.

Announced last month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Dishonored Definitive Edition collects the original 2012 game with its four downloadable content releases into one package with improved visuals.

[gallery=4444]

Dishonored Digital Edition and its discount offer are available for pre-order now from PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace. It is scheduled for release on August 25.

Sources: Eurogamer [https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3e4lce/image_this_is_why_you_always_buy_the_free_ps3vita/]

it was also available for free on xbox a few months back.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
It had a disappointing ending. I don't think I'll be going back to it anytime soon. My having physical copy doesn't help either

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
I heard about this Definitive Edition last night, and I don't understand the reason for its existence except to profit off of the hype for Dishonored 2. From the screenshots I've seen, there isn't enough of a graphical improvement to elicit one iota of excitement from me, which is a testament to how good the original game looked. Arkane Studios did such an amazing job working within the hardware limitations of its time - everything looks great because they didn't employ sloppy workarounds to make the game look "better" than what could be achieved.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
It's only £23 new on amazon in the UK anyways...
I thought that was a good deal seeing as it came with all the DLC I never played...