Japanese Splatoon Commercial Reveals Minigun, Paint Bucket

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Japanese Splatoon Commercial Reveals Minigun, Paint Bucket

The video also gives us a sneak peak at Splatoon's new Rainmaker mode, as well as two new maps.

confirming [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/splatoon] that new free content is in the pipeline, a Japanese commercial for the game has given us a sneak peak at said content. While most of the new Splatoon weapons have been tweaks and variations on existing weapons, the video seems to show off two completely new ones - a Team Fortress 2-style paint minigun, and a literal bucket of paint.

It also gives us a look at two new levels - one set in an apartment complex and another set on a long, narrow, two-storied bridge - the Rainmaker [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141295-Splatoon-Datamine-Reveals-Future-Content] mode that was leaked a little while ago, and a couple new pieces of gear.

The weapons look fun and should add some more unique flavor to the game's ranked scene. A "repressive fire" heavy weapons type role is exactly what this game needs, while the paint bucket should fit nicely into the "up close and personal" playstyles of the inkbrush and paint roller.

The video advertised a Splatfest event running from 8-9 AM on August 3 - 9, which is presumably when all this new stuff will be released.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The TF2 vibe is strong in this trailer.

Yes I know other games do used minigun and etc but still it is the game I thought of when I saw this trailer.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Now I kinda want the Splatoon Amiibos so I could have the school girl outfit, minigun combo. XD

I am glad glad there are new weapon types, considering some of the new weapon releases have just been modified versions of older weapons.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
I can totally see people now drawing a Splatoon girl with a minigun, posing next to Heavy from TF2. Calling it now.
Its already happened. It doesn't help that people have been making parallels between the two games for a while now. XD

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
144 said:
I had a splatfest theme idea: "Red Elephants" vs. "Blue Donkeys".

I bet it would be popular.
Someone once said on another site that the coasters v slides splatfest was better than the pro choice vs pro life splatfest.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Now I kinda want the Splatoon Amiibos so I could have the school girl outfit, minigun combo. XD

I am glad glad there are new weapon types, considering some of the new weapon releases have just been modified versions of older weapons.
Good luck finding them. Would've gone great with the squid power armor as well.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
RaikuFA said:
Hero of Lime said:

Good luck finding them. Would've gone great with the squid power armor as well.
The sad part is, when I went to buy Splatoon at a Gamestop, there were two 3 packs on the back counter. I was excited for Splatoon, but had I known then I would love the game as much as do now, I would have gotten them. I still remember thinking it was a miracle there were some left, as that Gamestop had been cleaned out in terms of all the other new Amiibos that came out that day.

I'll just have to hope Nintendo fixes their Amiibo issues, and soon! I'm not even into Amiibos, but I really want the Splatoon ones. Part of me is happy they are popular, but that popularity gets in the way of me having them. :/

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
RaikuFA said:
144 said:
I had a splatfest theme idea: "Red Elephants" vs. "Blue Donkeys".

I bet it would be popular.
Someone once said on another site that the coasters v slides splatfest was better than the pro choice vs pro life splatfest.
Hah.

Imagine what people would draw/write with the ingredients "pro-life/choice" and "splatfest"