The Witcher 3 Adding New Game Plus As Final Free DLC

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Witcher 3 Adding New Game Plus As Final Free DLC

CD Projekt RED has unveiled plans to bring a New Game Plus mode to The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

By almost every measure, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10161-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Review>The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt was a huge game. Drawing in RPG fans with its fun gameplay, complex story and detailed world, it continues to hold many gamers in its thrall. A big part of this, of course, is the fact that its developers at <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/cd%20projekt%20red?os=cd+projekt+red>CD Projekt RED have expended no small amount of effort improving on and adding to the base game released back in May. That in mind, the company today has announced its plans for the game's final piece of free DLC.

According to an image posted on the company's <a href=https://www.facebook.com/thewitcher/photos/a.165254449330.117240.9659019330/10153168277089331/?type=1&theater>official Facebook page, the last planned chunk of free DLC will add in a New Game Plus Mode. "Already finished <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20witcher%203%20wild%20hunt?os=the+witcher+3+wild+hunt>The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt multiple times?" Asked the posting. "New Game+, the final DLC, is on the way and, of course, it's completely FREE!" The developer would go on to confirm that the new mode "won't happen this week" but did urge fans to "stay turned for more info regarding the release."

While some gamers commenting on the Facebook posting immediately expressed disappointment, we're willing to bet that this will nonetheless be a welcome addition for many other gamers who have fallen in love with The Witcher 3. After all, while it can obviously still be fun to play through a game completely fresh, it's often far more satisfying to step back into an experience with all of the tools and skills you've accumulated from previous playthroughs.

Source: <a href=https://www.facebook.com/thewitcher/photos/a.165254449330.117240.9659019330/10153168277089331/?type=1&theater>CD Projekt RED

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It would be a tad puzzling if it wasn't free seeing as New Game+ is typically a standard affair for most games.

Still, it's a nice treat nonetheless. Keep that goodwill ball rolling, CDPR!

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
It would be a tad puzzling if it wasn't free seeing as New Game+ is typically a standard affair for most games.
but what is a tad puzzling is that this is released as "DLC", They've had this planned out since release within the system files This is quite obviously coming with the 1.08 patch.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
WolvDragon said:
Joking aside, I wonder what carries over into New game plus, our weapons? Diagrams? Potions? Will the enemies scale along with your level? I can't wait to see.
If the diagrams and potions carry over then there's nothing for you to do to gain the edge over an enemy that gave you trouble. And you have no incentive to explore and collect herbs and materials. It's a part of progression that's necessary for enjoying the game in my opinion. So I hope that they don't carry over. Basically the only thing that needs to carry over is your weapons, armor and skills. Including your equipment from chests. What's the point in collecting all of that stuff if you don't get to enjoy it because there's no one worth fighting anymore? But they have to be careful with the economy. Your equipment on NG+ shouldn't be overpriced. Enemies need to be a lot tougher too. Perhaps the lowest level enemy should be level 40.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
WolvDragon said:
Joking aside, I wonder what carries over into New game plus, our weapons? Diagrams? Potions? Will the enemies scale along with your level? I can't wait to see.
If the diagrams and potions carry over then there's nothing for you to do to gain the edge over an enemy that gave you trouble. And you have no incentive to explore and collect herbs and materials. It's a part of progression that's necessary for enjoying the game in my opinion. So I hope that they don't carry over. Basically the only thing that needs to carry over is your weapons, armor and skills. Including your equipment from chests. What's the point in collecting all of that stuff if you don't get to enjoy it because there's no one worth fighting anymore? But they have to be careful with the economy. Your equipment on NG+ shouldn't be overpriced. Enemies need to be a lot tougher too. Perhaps the lowest level enemy should be level 40.
Halfway through the game I had more money than I could ever spend, I don't think the in-game economy much matters in New Game+... Admittedly I'm a loot hoarder, so maybe that had something to do with it.