Skyrim Goes LEGO in Half-Moon Mill Rebuild

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Skyrim Goes LEGO in Half-Moon Mill Rebuild

LEGO builder Pieter Dennison recently completed a brilliant LEGO recreation of Skyrim's Half-Moon Mill.

Why hasn't there been more <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/skyrim>Skyrim LEGO? Seriously, it's been four years since the game first came out and, while there's been no lack for <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107555-Excitable-Elder-Scrolls-Fan-Creates-Animated-Tribute-to-Skyrim>fan tributes to it, we haven't seen too much in the way of notable <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/lego>LEGO builds based on the game. There have been some to be sure, but little on the scale that we've seen <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130486-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Rivendell-Recreated-With-200-000-LEGO-Bricks>other franchises receive. It's a shame too, because if one builder's recent creation is any indicator, Skyrim and LEGO fit together like a pair of plastic bricks.

The build in question, pieced together by Flickr-user Pieter Dennison, was based on the Half-Moon Mill. Located north of Falkreath, the mill in the game seemed like little more than your standard lumber operation. There was more to it than that, of course, but we'll refrain from spoiling things on the off chance that some of our readers have yet to play the game. As for Dennison's recreation, his pictures do a good job of speaking for themselves. The build is impressively detailed, featuring a lot of nice terrain work and some nifty water effects.

All in all, it's a nice diorama and just drives home how much we'd love to see other builders take on Skyrim and its vast countryside. Or, better yet, how fantastic it would be for LEGO to produce official sets that Skyrim fans could take home and build for themselves. We're just saying, we'd pay a lot of money to get our hands on an official Sovngarde set.
[gallery=4489]
Source: Flickr

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
ah skyrim allowing you to both make mundane purchases of wood at the local mill for your house and murder one of the people who live there

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Starke said:
Anyone else disappointed by the lack of that meat shack?
That's what I came here to say. That is probably the most interesting part about the location itself, and is seemingly the only part missing here. What a shame!

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Nicely built. Pretty boring choice for a subject, though, considering the wide range of choices in Skyrim.

AlexF

Aug 8, 2015
Dimitriov said:
Starke said:
That's what I came here to say. That is probably the most interesting part about the location itself, and is seemingly the only part missing here. What a shame!
Bloody hell the meat shack you guys are pathetic, how is that the most interesting part of the location? I'll like to see all you guys build something like this, oh wait you can't so you just rip on someones creation

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
AlexF said:
Dimitriov said:
Starke said:
Bloody hell the meat shack you guys are pathetic, how is that the most interesting part of the location? I'll like to see all you guys build something like this, oh wait you can't so you just rip on someones creation
Since you probably don't know what we're talking about, I'll explain; the occupants of the mill are vampires. Both of them. They've got a shack where the butcher... it's not entirely clear, but probably travelers who pass through the area (since vampires can't feed on animals in Skyrim, and they're both at Stage 1, IIRC).

It changes the entire location from a rather idyllic place out in the wilderness to something goddamn ominous.

So, no, we're not just randomly shitting on someone for missing a random detail. It is at the core of what makes the Half Moon Mill someplace unique, and not interchangeable with all the other lumber mills in the game.

EDIT: Just checked. Yeah, there's human bones and clothing in the shack. So it's definitely where they butcher their victims to dispose of them. And, again, far more critical to the location than you might think given the "meat shack" name.