Tribute Games to Release Curses n Chaos This Month

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Tribute Games to Release Curses n Chaos This Month

Alchemical arcade action from the makers of Scott Pilgrim game.

Tribute Games, developer of Mercenary Kings and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, has announced a release date for their next retro-inspired title, Curses 'n Chaos. The game will be released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC/Mac (via Steam) on August 18.

Curses 'n Chaos is a two-player cooperative game in which players fight incoming waves of monsters across ten arena-style stages, as they seek to make the Elixir of Life and break a foul curse placed on them. Items collected from slain enemies can be used as weapons or combined to create varied elemental attacks and summon creatures to aid in combat.

The game will allow both online and local multiplayer, and features art and animations from renowned sprite artist Paul Robertson. The PS4 and PS Vita versions will be offered as a cross-buy release, and will take advantage of cross-play and cross-save features on the two platforms.

[gallery=4509]

Curses 'n Chaos will be priced at $9.99.

Sources: Official Website [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/10/curses-n-chaos-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-august-18th/]

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
I'm not here to say the studio can't deliver the game they want, but this is not looking good. Frankly, the pixel art is so limited, but, why? And it does not mix well, like, the characters looks like the ones from a NES title, but the scenarios are, I don't know, a bit like the ones from a NGPC game, but better. The styles kind of clash to me.
Frankly, pixel art was usually the best they could deliver with the equipment at the time, but moder day pixel art is, weird. I'm still expecting to see a game that could go all out, like a Metal Slug, or a Valkyrie Profile, but not this time.
Anyway, I wish Tribute Games luck, they made some good games, and, I want to see more of them, but, I just hope it will not be different than this.

And Man

May 12, 2014
Looks like it could be an interesting game. I'll wait til it comes out and read up on it before purchasing. I've checked out a few tracks from the soundtrack, and, as I'd expect from Tribute Games, it's pretty terrific.

emikochan

Oct 24, 2009
I loved the other 2 Tribute games, really looking forward to this!

The art style reminds me of the original Cave Story, so +nostalgia points from me :)