What Satoru Iwata's Legacy Can Teach Us About Inclusive Cosplay

Liana Kerzner

May 6, 2015
What Satoru Iwata's Legacy Can Teach Us About Inclusive Cosplay

Satoru Iwata was a businessman, but he was also a loving game designer with philosophies we could all stand to learn from. When we value happiness over everything else, what can we learn?

Read Full Article

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Loved the second to last paragraph, overall just a wonderful article that really conveyed the image that Iwata had envisioned quite well.

At first it seemed a bit redundant to state that "simple characters = more likeable" since we're able to recreate their shape and form quite easily, however you did show that it actually went beyond that.

Very nice, and I'm sure it'll put more smiles on the faces of those that enjoy things in this area

Liana K

Mar 20, 2010
Urgh76 said:
Loved the second to last paragraph, overall just a wonderful article that really conveyed the image that Iwata had envisioned quite well.

At first it seemed a bit redundant to state that "simple characters = more likeable" since we're able to recreate their shape and form quite easily, however you did show that it actually went beyond that.

Very nice, and I'm sure it'll put more smiles on the faces of those that enjoy things in this area
Thank you. Some people feel like they can't get into cosplay because they can't manage the super detailed eye catching costumes right away. I wanted to show that people can get positive attention doing simpler things, because cosplay should be about having fun.

Retsam19

Dec 6, 2010
Princess Zelda, Majora, Bowser, and Midna are *not* exceptions that prove the rule. They're just exceptions. "No Parking On Sunday" is an exception that proves the rule that you can park on days that aren't Sunday.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Hmm... I need to figure out what it will take to make a gender-bent Katt cosplay suit for myself...