8 Do's and Dont's for Divinity Original Sin 2

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Do's and Dont's for Divinity Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2 was announced today. Here are 8 things that would make it awesome.

Read Full Article

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
I disaggree a bit on the humor one. I don't think this sort of thing should be abandoned, but i think it should be toned done a bit. I enjoyed the game a lot at first, the combat was fantastic and it was a really enjoyable experience at first. But when i reached the first city the "humor" was just too much. The big shell on the beach seemed like a fun little wacky sidequest at fist. But in the city every single sidequests was this wacky and rediculous and more. They were just stupid mostly. They weren't really funny, nor charming nor engaging. Plus the main questline wasn't engaging at all. I just couldn't get into it. Not in the main quest, not in the sidequest.

That being said, this is mostly just my personal opinion of this kind of humor. If the majourity of their fans like this sort of stuff, they should definetly keep it in, it's just not a game for me then.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'd settle for it just being fun. It and Wasteland 2 have the same problem of endless backtracking, tedious micromanagement and near relentless fetch quests. And those all can be fun, but it's just not done well. I never felt like I was making any progress on anything.
According to steam I have 24hrs of gameplay logged and the best part was the character creation. And I vaguely remember laughing at a magical clam whose treasure chest was filled with empty bottles.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
I strongly disagree with the removal of the RPS system for resolving disagreements. On the one hand, yeah, it's a little wonky in the context of the game world. On the other hand, it gives you a chance to pass a skill check with actual skill. RPS is a game, it has rules and strategies, and you can use those to beat your friends and the various NPCs. Replacing that with dice rolls would be replacing a skill system with a weighted RNG and replacing it with a raw charisma check means that it's a binary win/lose based on if you invested points in charisma. RPS, or some similar game, is the only way to make disagreements an active process based on skill rather than pure luck.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
They are already fixing the inventory in the enhanced edition. While the characters have their own inventory you can swap items between them at will.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Silentpony said:
I'd settle for it just being fun. It and Wasteland 2 have the same problem of endless backtracking, tedious micromanagement and near relentless fetch quests. And those all can be fun, but it's just not done well. I never felt like I was making any progress on anything.
According to steam I have 24hrs of gameplay logged and the best part was the character creation. And I vaguely remember laughing at a magical clam whose treasure chest was filled with empty bottles.
You want a fun Kickstarted RPG? Play Pillars of Eternity. Fun combat, good writing, good quests, and interesting world.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I loved the original... and was getting on with it great.

Unfortunately then I went away with work and couldn't play it for a while. When I returned to it I couldn't for the life of me remember what I was supposed to be doing... AND I didn't have the internet to help (not that it did half the time) so I definitely agree with you for the most part!

Also... With the crazy crafting and how you never knew what to keep or sell (it took a long time to learn recipes for crafing) it really needed a better inventory system. Ended up filling page after page of scrolls and books and crappy weapons, and then struggling to sell them all with the limited cash of the limited shops!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I agree with most of these, a few more things.

Make the pathfinding outside of combat smarter, tired of having to micromanage my guys around ice that I myself created, otherwise I'd just see them slip all the time.

Complete overhaul of the crafting system, it was pretty pointless before and really weird in some case (a lump of iron can only become a sword).

More character gameplay customization, I felt like I ran out of good stuff to grab very quickly.

Main character with personality, probably the most controversial point, but I'm tired of main character that have no personality, I know I'm suppose to insert myself in the story or role play them, but I always end up having to choose between a bunch of option that I all dislike, which immediately break the illusion. Oh and axe the point for personality perk system too, pretty quick I was just picking my answer based on whats gonna give me which perks.

Remove the "destiny" crap, I don't want to play someone whose special because they were born that way. I want to feel like I made them great trough my action in the game.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I thought the battles went on for far too long. 20 minutes for just one fight only to lose it really wore me down quick.

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
Regarding that black white and red image on the front page, I thought the guy's hair was green at first, which made me think this was some reimagining of Joker and Harley Quinn.