Batman Statues And Krypto Plushies - Here's DC Collectible's Latest Figures

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Batman Statues And Krypto Plushies - Here's DC Collectible's Latest Figures

From a Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice statue, to action figures from Arrow and The Flash, DC Collectibles has a solid February/March line-up.

It's certainly fun to read superhero exploits in comic books, or watch them in movies and TV shows. But as we've seen previously, sometimes it's equally fun <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132990-DC-Collectibles-Unveils-Everything-From-Sandman-to-Scribblenauts-Constantine>to collect them for your display shelf - or take them off that shelf to play with. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139817-DC-Collectibles-2015-Line-Up-Includes-Arrow-The-Flash-and-Batmobile-Action-Figures>Once again DC Collectibles intends to scratch that itch with its February and March line-up, unveiling action figures and toys from Arrow, The Flash, Dawn of Justice and the forever popular Batman: The Animated Series.

There are some repeats <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139817-DC-Collectibles-2015-Line-Up-Includes-Arrow-The-Flash-and-Batmobile-Action-Figures>from 2015's solicits here, most notably Krypto and Hoppy of the DC Super Pets line. Thankfully, they're no less adorable, or draw attention away frome other unique items. For example, DC Collectibles has added action figures from the latest seasons of Arrow and The Flash, including Heat Wave, Black Canary, and Malcolm Merlyn. And of course its Batman: The Animated Series line continues to grow, bringing us Commissioner Gordon, Ra's Al Ghul, Zatanna, and an Etrigan/Klarion Combo.

But the real standouts are the statues. First, DC Collectibles is adding Cheetah to its Bomshells line, specifically her adventuring alter ego who would fit right in with Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake. Meanwhile, for $150, you can have Batman's 12.5" Armored Dawn of Justice statue, where it will tower over everything on this list.

[gallery=4561]

Everything from the list will be available for sale in March, with the exception of the Arkham Knight Red Hood in February. Which ones will you be hunting down?

BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICEArmored Batman Statue Sculpted by James Marsano - $150

BATMAN ANIMATED SERIESCommissioner Gordon - $25Ra's Al Ghul - $25Zatanna - $25Etrigan and Klarion - $40

ARROW SEASON 3Arrow - $25Black Canary - $25Malcolm Merlyn - $25

THE FLASHReverse-Flash - $25Heat Wave - $25

DC COMICS BOMBSHELLSCheetah Statue - $125

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHTRed Hood Action Figure - $25

DC COMICS SUPER-PETS!Hoppy Plush Figure - $15Krypto Plush Figure - $15
Source: <a href=http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/08/17/dc-collectibles-group-solicits-februarymarch-2016>DC Comics

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fanghawk said:
Just a heads up: judging by the pictures on display, that's the Arkham Knight himself, not the Red Hood. :p

OT: These all look pretty neat...shame I really don't have the disposable income to pick any of them up. xP

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Fanghawk said:
Just a heads up: judging by the pictures on display, that's the Arkham Knight himself, not the Red Hood. :p

OT: These all look pretty neat...shame I really don't have the disposable income to pick any of them up. xP
I thought that at first too actually, until I saw the Red Hood listing. Besides, isn't the Arkham Knight supposed to look <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133293-Batman-Arkham-Knights-Titular-Knight-Revealed-in-Screenshots>like this?

Full disclosure - haven't played Arkham Knight yet (PC flaws combined with an older system held me back) so I might have no idea what I'm talking about here.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fanghawk said:
I thought that at first too actually, until I saw the Red Hood listing. Besides, isn't the Arkham Knight supposed to look <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133293-Batman-Arkham-Knights-Titular-Knight-Revealed-in-Screenshots>like this?

Full disclosure - haven't played Arkham Knight yet (PC flaws combined with an older system held me back) so I might have no idea what I'm talking about here.
During the final confrontation with the Arkham Knight, Batman busts off the "over mask" (for lack of a better term) of the AK's helmet, that gets rid of the blue eyes and the Batman-like ears, leaving just that red mask/helmet.

Looks like whoever did that listing got it wrong. :p

For reference: this is what the Red Hood looks like from Arkham Knight:

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Fanghawk said:

During the final confrontation with the Arkham Knight, Batman busts off the "over mask" (for lack of a better term) of the AK's helmet, that gets rid of the blue eyes and the Batman-like ears, leaving just that red mask/helmet.

Looks like whoever did that listing got it wrong. :p

For reference: this is what the Red Hood looks like from Arkham Knight:
Outside of the jacket, that looks pretty similar to me (specifically the helmet and chest piece).

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fanghawk said:
Outside of the jacket, that looks pretty similar to me (specifically the helmet and chest piece).
If you look at the figure, you can tell that's armor that he's wearing, and it's got the black-and-red camo pattern.

Red Hood is essentially just wearing a white shirt and some plain gray pants, he's not nearly as armored-up as Arkham Knight. That and he actually...you know...has a hood...which is red. :p

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I could see paying $150 for an actual sculpture. I cannot see paying $150 for plastic that was poured into a cast that was made from a sculpture.

But hey, I'm sure they wouldn't price it that way if they didn't think people would buy them and I did shell out cash (usually in $10 or $20 increments per) for the Kingdom Come line of action figures which now line my comic book shelf.

$150 just seems like too steep of an opportunity cost. I mean, heck, for $50 I got the novel form of Kingdom Come signed by Mark Waid, Alex Ross and Elliot S. Maggin back in the day (Now I guess it's worth $75-100 in the "new" condition it's in).

I guess if I was just super into that aesthetic or a hardcore collect-everything-Batman fan then this would be for me. I just think they would sell out of them at $25 and it's just plastic so they should be able to make so many more. Then again, maybe cost differentiation as a premium product helps their sculpture to stand out in a highly proliferated batman figurine market?