8 THQ Titles that We Want to See Revived

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013

These eight IPs have been dormant since the THQ auction of 2013. We want to see them back in production.

Read Full Article

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Personally I'm hoping that Darksiders 3 comes out the way Vigil was planning on making it before THQ went under: 4 player co-op.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
ffronw said:

These eight IPs have been dormant since the THQ auction of 2013. We want to see them back in production.

Read Full Article
I assume you saw the discussion me and another person had where we both wanted a new Supreme Commander.

Silentpony said:
No Dawn of War 3?! Bullshit!
Make it Dark Crusade with modern graphics and I'll buy it so fast I'll prove the light barrier can be broken.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I feel an opportunity to turn this into a rap is dangling fruitfully here, something perhaps starting with; Chyeah! Nordic games, be hoarding all ya names! They're undertaking blames, they ain't no hiding shames!...And someone else can finish that off, I am not doing the hard work here.

*Gasp*...so that's who has Red Faction's IP. Nordic?...we have much to discuss, you and I. And that geo-mod technology, It cannot just make use of itself now, can it?

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Silentpony said:
I was just having this discussion on Twitter. For some reason my brain insisted that a Dawn of War game had come out since then. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Consider me properly chastised.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Barbas said:
ffronw said:
Titan Quest has a spiritual successor in the form of Grim Dawn, under development by Crate Entertainment.
Exactly what I came here to post... well that and "no love for Space Marine?"

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Starke said:
Barbas said:
ffronw said:
Titan Quest has a spiritual successor in the form of Grim Dawn, under development by Crate Entertainment.
Exactly what I came here to post... well that and "no love for Space Marine?"
Well, I think they're already working on a sequel. Aren't they?

Are they?...They'd better be!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
ffronw said:
Silentpony said:
I was just having this discussion on Twitter. For some reason my brain insisted that a Dawn of War game had come out since then. Wishful thinking, I guess.

SEGA registed a domain for Dawn of War 3 a month or so back, and with Relic apparently being finished with Company of Heroes 2 i might just be optimistic and say there may be an announcement coming next year.

However, where in hell is Space Marine?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
gigastar said:
ffronw said:
Silentpony said:

SEGA registed a domain for Dawn of War 3 a month or so back, and with Relic apparently being finished with Company of Heroes 2 i might just be optimistic and say there may be an announcement coming next year.

That died long ago sadly, there was so much more to come and then a company went under. That series had so much potential, I wish someone else would pick it up.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
gigastar said:
ffronw said:
Silentpony said:

That died long ago sadly, there was so much more to come and then a company went under. That series had so much potential, I wish someone else would pick it up.
But surely if SEGA has Dawn of War, it must also have Space Marine?

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
I thought that Supreme Commander was sold to Square Enix. I didn't recall seeing it anywhere in the big THQ property auction.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Make it Dark Crusade with modern graphics and I'll buy it so fast I'll prove the light barrier can be broken.
The Dawn of War mod Ultimate Apocalypse might be what you are looking for.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
The Dawn of War mod Ultimate Apocalypse might be what you are looking for.
Q: Will there be campaign mode in UA?
A: Campaign mode is indeed planned for future versions of UA, after The Hunt Begins and its patches.

When they fix this I'll be all over it, previously I used titanium wars for dark crusade and I loved it but now I don't know how to update dark crusade on my upgraded computer, something about installing the wrong version of the update.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
What the hell kind of list is this?

Where is Freespace?

The THQ title that should definitely be brought back is most definitely Freespace, no arguments against it and Volition wants this too, so yes Freespace.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Well... We will be able to play a spiritual successor to Red Faction: Guerrilla here pretty soon...

Although it may honestly be more of a spiritual successor to Mercenaries.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
ffronw said:
Silentpony said:

Remember, only in war are we truly faithful! Make your penance on the battlefield, Brother Marine!

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Well, the 40k brand has this

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

It's an MMO with shooter mechanics and if i understand correctly, they aim for Planetside 2 numbers on screen.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Barbas said:
ffronw said:
Yes, but as awesome, similar and improved the gameplay is, Grim Dawn isn't "Ray Harryhausen Movie: The Game" (Fun Fact - the lead artist of Titan Quest made all the other developers watch the old Harryhausen movies during their lunch breaks during the development of Titan Quest)