EGM Returning On December 1?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
EGM Returning On December 1?

Beloved gaming magazine EGM (aka Electronic Gaming Monthly) may be returning to publication later this year, if the words of one of the magazine's founders are to be believed.

"Plans put in motion today for EGM to return on December 1," reads a recent Twitter update from EGM founder Steve Harris [http://twitter.com/EGMNOW/status/3547913255].

Harris offers no explanation of what sort of plans are now in motion or in what form the magazine would return, but given that EGM folded only eight months ago, it isn't entirely beyond the realm of possibility that many of EGM's former employees could be convinced back into the fold once this new iteration starts coming together.

Then again, as a staunch supporter of the new wave of electronic media, I must stare down my nose gravely at any plans Harris might have to resurrect EGM as an actual, tangible magazine. There's a good reason it failed back in January, and unless I missed Zeus calling print media back from its grave to rescue his daughter, I don't think a second attempt would fare any better.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Oh! OH! Spiffy stuff.

I don't know how the public thinks about it, but I would honestly love to hold an actual EGM magazine in my hands again. If I see the issues at the game store, I will not hold back.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Sevre90210 said:
Does this mean we don't get any more Maxim?
Chances are that your subscription will run out before this happens. It's too late for me. I already got my refund from last time.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
I always think a paper copy of news is better than online news since I can take it with me. Hopefully EGM returns so I can suscribe again.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
I LOVED EGM back when it was in it's prime. Over the years it was pretty sad to see it go from a huge mag with dozens of articles/reviews/previews/randomshit every month to a paper thin 20-30 page quickie mag with barely any content...I really hope Harris can bring EGM back to it's former glory, although I'm a bit skeptical over a hard copy. Why not just go online only in this day and age. Hell the success of 1up should prove that people would love an online version of EGM.

God anyone remember the thick ass issues with there top 100 countdowns and other random stuff they used to do?

hansari

May 31, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Then again, as a staunch supporter of the new wave of electronic media, I must stare down my nose gravely at any plans Harris might have to resurrect EGM as an actual, tangible magazine...
I get the feeling that if they are planning on resurrecting it, they will do so as an online magazine...

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
If this happens (shortly after buying a hat to eat) I'll buy a years subscription, hell maybe even two!