Tharsis Preview - A Perma-Death Space Strategy Game With Cannibalism

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Tharsis Preview - A Perma-Death Space Strategy Game With Cannibalism

Tharsis: danger, dice, and cannibalism - oh my!

Read Full Article

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
It looks good.
I'll be after it as a video game, but given the format they're using I think it'd survive the transition to card and board quite well too.
You'd need little to change it, save some rules for each player taking an individual astronaut.
That would make the possible cannibalism and resource management very competitive at times.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
I LOVE the last image: "The subsystem for fire containment is not working because it is on fire." That sounds just like the sort of annoyingly ironic problem that could actually occur in a real mission, and the wording is perfect. As is the crewmember's terrified face.

I may pick this up. With zero intention of committing any cannibalism. We'll see how long that resolution lasts...

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
The_Darkness said:
I LOVE the last image: "The subsystem for fire containment is not working because it is on fire." That sounds just like the sort of annoyingly ironic problem that could actually occur in a real mission, and the wording is perfect. As is the crewmember's terrified face.

I may pick this up. With zero intention of committing any cannibalism. We'll see how long that resolution lasts...
Play a failing colony in rimworld and that resolution lasts not very long at all. What do you eat in the winter after the elk move on? Oh, just the raiders who keep trying to kill you.

This seems like yet another game I'm going to be sinking quite some time in.