The Transporter Refueled - Is the Franchise Out of Gas?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Transporter Refueled - Is the Franchise Out of Gas?

The Transporter Refueled is the fourth installment in the Luc Besson-created franchise. Is it time to put the series out to pasture, or is there still some life in this horse?

Read Full Article

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure this franchise jumped the shark (almost literally) when Jason Statham did a barrel-roll jump with his car to get rid of a bomb that was attached to the bottom of it with a conveniently placed crane hook.......and that was in the 2nd movie. The fact that they're still making these movies is amazing to me.

At least Fast and Furious are "turn off your brain fun" movies. >.>

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Eww a series?? Who okay'd that? Of all the ideas with stretchable life-spans, the Transportermovies are not one of them
Also, I might as well admit it, I liked Jason Statham in Guy Ritchie's Revolver. He didn't shoot or punch anyone. Plus he had long hair! Ok and the film's alright too. Not many like the lack of action in it, but bleh to them.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
RJ 17 said:
I'm pretty sure this franchise jumped the shark (almost literally) when Jason Statham did a barrel-roll jump with his car to get rid of a bomb that was attached to the bottom of it with a conveniently placed crane hook.......and that was in the 2nd movie. The fact that they're still making these movies is amazing to me.

If it didn't do it then, then....

This movie has a scene where Frank, having just chased the baddie on to a beach with a jet ski, (where they have now entered a car and are escaping), speeds the jet ski on to land angled perfectly towards the moving car, and uses the momentum to leap off feet first in flying kick through the car door window and slamming the driver out the other side.

If it was done better, it could have been fairly cool despite being over the top ridiculous. But it's got such quick editing masking the action that you can't even appreciate the spectacle of it.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
RJ 17 said:

I really disliked two, but three was a return to form, in my eyes. Maybe check it out, if you've nothing else to do.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
RJ 17 said:

Heh. Yeah, that's definitely Transporter 2's nuclear proof fridge, but a lot of the action in the 2nd is great fun, the fighting scenes especially. I preferred it over the 1st and 3rd, and felt the characters stuck out more as well.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I might have watched another movie at some point in the comfort of my home. But a series? I'm not yet that bored.

Am i the only one who hated the new MC from the trailer? I don't know what it is about him, something about his face, perhaps it's the fact that it's not Statham..

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The first Transporter was a surprise as I don't think anyone really saw the potential of Statham as an action guy at the time. By the third movie's release you could literally call the film "Watch Jason Statham beat on people for an hour and a half or so" and they'd sell a fucklot of tickets. But attempting to revive a series without him? That's akin to selling people a Wrestlemania III Ticket where the parts of Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan are played by their understudies who no one knows or gives a shit about.
Sorry for the wrestling analogy. Its like getting a ticket to the Super Bowl only to find out that its actually a time travelling device that drops your ass off at an XFL game.... Shit thats still a technically wrestling analogy.
Well fuck it.