Ubisoft Plans Theme Park in Malaysia

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Ubisoft Plans Theme Park in Malaysia

Family fun aimed at Kuala Lumpur in 2020.

Publisher Ubisoft has announced plans for a theme park based on their videogame properties. The park, which is planned to open in 2020 in the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur, will be a joint venture between the Motion Pictures division of Ubisoft and theme park developer RSG. Ubisoft will design attractions and maintain creative control over the 10,000 square meter indoor park, while RSG will own and operate it.

The move comes following recent success by Ubisoft Motion Pictures in the amusement park space. The Rabbids Time Machine ride designed by the division for French park Futuroscope has been credited with increasing attendance by as much as 15% and drew "Oustanding Achievement" honors [http://blog.ubi.com/rabbids-time-machine-ride-2014s-best-attraction/] from the Theme Entertainment Association earlier this year.

Details regarding which properties under the Ubisoft banner might be reflected in the new park are yet to be revealed. Rabbids seems like a lock under the circumstances and the continuing popularity of Just Dance would suggest a likely appearance from that series too.

Befitting their name, Ubisoft Motion Pictures is also currently at work with New Regency on an Assassin's Creed film (due in 2016 and starring Michael Fassbender), and has adaptations based on Watch Dogs and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell in development as well.

Source: Ubisoft [http://blog.ubi.com/ubisoft-announces-plans-for-next-generation-theme-park-in-malaysia/]

Kotoriii

May 9, 2014
The park will open with only the entrance booths, then you'll have to pay DLC to unlock most of the rides. Also, you'll have to buy the 30FPS glasses for a more cinematic experience of the park. You'll be lucky to leave the park alive due to broken and buggy rides everywhere. Hell yes Ubisoft Park!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Kotoriii said:
then you'll have to pay DLC to unlock most of the rides.
Not that you'll ever actually get to ride the rides due to the Always Inline DRM (Digital Ride Management) card you're required to carry at all times.

*drum rimshot*

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Kotoriii said:
They park will open with only the entrance booths, then you'll have to pay DLC to unlock most of the rides. Also, you'll have to buy the 30FPS glasses for a more cinematic experience of the park. You'll be lucky to leave the park alive due to broken and buggy rides everywhere. Hell yes Ubisoft Park!
They also plan to open up a new theme park every year, and stop supporting previous locations. Pre order your tickets from a specific retailer to unlock exclusive rides no one else will be able to enjoy, and will not be available for sale after the park has been opened.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Insert joke about having to climb towers to unlock parts of park here and collectathons sprinkled everywhere. Ninetheless...i look forward to seeing what the rayman rides will be like.

And I swear to god, if they build a Beyond good and evil ride instead of a video-game sequel, I will write a very angry letter of complaint and strap it to a landmine which will be strapped to a homing pidgeon bound for whoever let that happen.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Yes, Conrad, I'm screaming inside too. I bet you'll have to carry a special pass to get in.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I expecting them to hand out mask that when worn will make your most of your face invisible except for your mouth and eyes.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Turns out they managed to find Rook Islands, and the perfect guy to teach visitors all about snorkeling [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0njKgUPAFY].

I'm sure this theme park will be fun for the whole family.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
... Why Malaysia, of all places? Malaysia is a repressive, theocratic state that arrests people indefinitely without trial and canes (as in, hits people with them) people for having booze or being near people of the opposite sex. Why would anyone want to go to such a country just for an amusement park? Let alone one of a Sub-par Video Game company?

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
... Why Malaysia, of all places? Malaysia is a repressive, theocratic state that arrests people indefinitely without trial and canes (as in, hits people with them) people for having booze or being near people of the opposite sex. Why would anyone want to go to such a country just for an amusement park? Let alone one of a Sub-par Video Game company?
Because Kuala Lumpur is a cheaper version (for developers) of Singapore that's only 4 hours away from the actual Singapore, which is basically the travel hub for SE Asia. There's already a Legoland in Malaysia, so it's not exactly without precedent.

Meanwhile, lol at all the Ubisoft jokes in this thread. I doubt I can do better.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Oh! Just think of the Uplay achievements you can get and unlock content for use in your game by visiting the park!

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Come on Come All!

See the incredible all male staff! Because females are just too hard to work with right?

See the amazing 30 FPS special effects!

Witness the joy of always watching DRM, we are always watching...ALWAYS

Coming soon to a city near you!