Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Announces Upcoming RPG

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Announces Upcoming RPG

Scott Cawthon, creator of the Five Nights at Freddy's series, has announced a new game - and it won't be a horror.

In a Steam update [http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/124202807772796833] yesterday, Five Nights at Freddy's creator Scott Cawthon stated that, while there will not be a Five Nights at Freddy's 5, he is working on a new title using the characters from the franchise - only it won't be a horror game. Rather, the new title, which will go by the name FNAF World, will be an RPG.

"I wanted to use these characters in a new and fun way because they are so near and dear to my heart, and I was excited to work on a type of game that I hadn't made in a long time." Cawthon wrote. "The new game that I'm working on will be called FNAF World. It will not be a horror game, but a role playing game where you create a party using the huge selection of characters from the FNaF games, including the classic, withered, toy, phantom, and nightmare versions. I've been working steadily on characters and hope to start on enemy models next week."

Cawthon's previous RPG, The Desolate Hope, currently has a 94% positive feedback rating on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/298180]

FNAF World is currently in development for PC, Android, and iOS. There is no release date at this time.

Five Nights at Freddy's released in August of 2014, with sequels appearing in November 2014 and March 2015. over 90% positive feedback ratings [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/14363-Five-Nights-at-Freddy-s-4-Review-Worth-Playing.2] on Steam.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Don't tell me tha FNAF parody rpg that some lets players did a video on turns out to be created by him all along?!

Also with that party builder stuff, I guessing we would more kinder to the security guard by given him ample of batteries/ generator and a mask!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
How the hell does this guy pump out games so frequently? Was his blood replaced by coffee, cocain and mountain dew or something? Hopefully his chair has good lumbar support!

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Fappy said:
How the hell does this guy pump out games so frequently? Was his blood replaced by coffee, cocain and mountain dew or something? Hopefully his chair has good lumbar support!
I'm pretty certain that we are not dealing with a human being, but some sort of computer program. It's the only explanation I can come up with that doesn't cause R'lyeh to start rising...

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Huh, well that is an odd departure.

Good on him for making what he wants, but I cannot help but feel like he is just riding the FNAF name here.

Will at least be interested in seeing what it actually turns out to be, and if it has any relation to the current FNAF plot.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Laggyteabag said:
and if it has any relation to the current FNAF plot.
That's already answered - no, it won't. Just as the content update at Halloween for FNAF4 won't have any revelance to it, either. It's finished, done and over.

Instead, this thing will be about throwing childrens parties with five different Freddies at once, with increasing amount of nightmarish design.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
But we already have Five Nights at F**kboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVjPFOQYFKY&list=PLlxYTqFKTRXDf6EiPMwT9ZesnlCFKsfTB&ab_channel=Markiplier

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Here's hoping that if its a Video Game inside a Video Game that The Start Menu will be a Living Room with locked doors.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Why the fuck wouldn't you make a fifth? The entire thing is Five Nights, it'd be the perfect bookend!

... also, how is it going to be a not horror with Freddy, Chica and Bonnie in it, they're f*cking TERRIFYING

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
CaptainMarvelous said:
Why the fuck wouldn't you make a fifth? The entire thing is Five Nights, it'd be the perfect bookend!

... also, how is it going to be a not horror with Freddy, Chica and Bonnie in it, they're f*cking TERRIFYING
Oh, I never thought about that, five and five, that's pretty good.
I was going to say something about how he released that letter saying it bums him out when people say he's milking Five Nights with no effort (paraphrasing here) and he's probably trying to avoid that but he seems to be making another game anyway so screw it.
Anyway.
I'm in too deep with Five Nights to stop, I'm probably gonna get it. It's not one of my favorites but hey, it's fun and it's inexpensive so why not?

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Surely it should be a business management sim, where you struggle to get your kids restaurant franchise off the ground in the face of unpleasable customers, excessive small business regulations and a slight tendency for your animatronic Furry mascots to brutally murder the innocent and wear their delicious skin?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Dragonlayer said:
Surely it should be a business management sim, where you struggle to get your kids restaurant franchise off the ground in the face of unpleasable customers, excessive small business regulations and a slight tendency for your animatronic Furry mascots to brutally murder the innocent and wear their delicious skin?
Theme park "horror themed kids restaurant management game with humor" actually sounds cool. Extra points if golden freddy jump scares you when you do something stupid like forgetting to pay the electricity bill.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Ah damn, not another game utilizing the FNAF characters..

COME ON SCOTT, moving on with something new would be better.