5 Actors Who Could Play James Bond Next

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
5 Actors Who Could Play James Bond Next

Daniel Craig's time is about up - who will replace his as Bond?

Read Full Article

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Hoult and Harry Potter are way too young. Jackman has no elegance. Elba is good but he's never getting cast. I don't know the other guy but he doesn't look the part.

Clive Owen anyone?

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Hoult and Harry Potter are way too young. Jackman has no elegance. Elba is good but he's never getting cast. I don't know the other guy but he doesn't look the part.

Clive Owen anyone?
I would have agreed with Owen, but a quick google search revealed him to be 50...man, those Hollywood people look perpetually young. But it would still lead to the same problems that were mentioned with some of the actors here, especially in a few years time.

Can't really think of anyone myself. Maybe they'll just pick somebody who's relatively unknown, like Craig was before playing Bond.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I would go with Elba, he has the charisma and the physical presence for the job. I would stick into the mix Luke Evans, he looked the part in the great train robbery TV series last year.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Jackman has no elegance.
I disagree. Have you seen Kate & Leopold? It wasn't exactly a great movie, but Jackman was pretty good and plenty elegant in it.

Personally, I think it's time for a change of pace. I think the next James Bond should be Terry Crews.

P.S. Thanks

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
James Bond can just die for all I care. I mean, it pretty much already did, and that is a good thing.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:

Clive Owen anyone?
You mean Damian Lewis? He was in Homeland and Saving Private Ryan. Pretty good in the latter, though I haven't seen the former. Out of all those suggested in the article, he looks the realest deal.

Davroth said:
James Bond can just die for all I care. I mean, it pretty much already did, and that is a good thing.
...Or, hooray for death!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Eh, all fine choices for different reasons. The one with the most physicality for it is Jackman, in my opinion. A few just are non-starters for me. Elba is always in interesting choice but... I can't help but feel he is selected for his race as much as he is dismissed for his race in this role. Why aren't there more selections so far as black actors are concerned. I would throw in Jamie Foxx and Anthony Mackie. Both of which are physically equipped for the role and are plenty suave. I also feel that Idris Elba is a bit overhyped so far as actors are concerned. Though the comment that he is "too street" is completely off base. It's like they have never watched a movie with Idris Elba in it.

Also... it's Hollywood, age almost doesn't even matter unless you are afraid they are going to hyper age in the span of a decade.

No matter how you spin it, I have really enjoyed the Daniel Craig Bond. I like the grittiness and realism of his Bond movies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'll go with Nicholas Hoult. We need a James Bond who isn't past it. Every other person on this list is ready for a wheel chair!

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Baresark said:
I would throw in Jamie Foxx and Anthony Mackie. Both of which are physically equipped for the role and are plenty suave.
There is no way that they will cast an American. An Australian is just about acceptable but an American just isn't going to happen.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Surprisingly, Idris Elba is the only of those I think I can see playing the part.

For the record, I could genuinely see Hugh Grant playing a compellingly cold as hell James Bond.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I'd actually propose Henry Cavill (though my pick from this list would definitely go for Elba). He's british, handsome as fuck, quite suave when he needs to (well I'm judging on the basis of clips from The Man from UNCLE) and not a bad actor. Imagine the same guy being both Superman and James Bond!

edit: 1,888th post. The Lord of Skulls is pleased! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
albino boo said:
Baresark said:
I would throw in Jamie Foxx and Anthony Mackie. Both of which are physically equipped for the role and are plenty suave.
There is no way that they will cast an American. An Australian is just about acceptable but an American just isn't going to happen.
That was dumb of me, I hadn't even considered that these people were actually British.. which is a fair requirement for the part of 007. Good catch.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
bartholen said:
I'd actually propose Henry Cavill (though my pick from this list would definitely go for Elba). He's british, handsome as fuck, quite suave when he needs to (well I'm judging on the basis of clips from The Man from UNCLE) and not a bad actor. Imagine the same guy being both Superman and James Bond!

edit: 1,888th post. The Lord of Skulls is pleased! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
It would probably be his role as the Man from UNCLE that basically removes him from the running. More than one spy movie in someone's career feels very unlikely.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:

Clive Owen anyone?
Largely agree with this assessment on Hoult and Radcliffe. Jackman...I can see the point you're making but I think he could make it work. He's a fantastic actor and his stage background means he can pull off a lot more than a lot of film-only actors can. I'm somewhat biased (as I've done a lot of theatrical stuff myself over the years) but I really like to see actual stage work in actors and actresses, I think it produces a better quality of performer and I tend to view them higher than camera-only actors and actresses.

Elba would probably be my first choice but...well you might be right. :-\

I've seen Lewis 'in stuff' but the only thing of his I really sat down and watched was Band of Brothers which he was very good in but honestly I've not seen anything he's done since then and its been a long time.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Out of curiousity, for all this talk of who the "next Bond" is going to be, have they even said that Spectre will be Craig's last time as Bond? There doesn't seem to be any specific formula for how many Bond movies an actor should do (example: Timothy Dalton did 2, Pierce Brosnan did 4, and Roger Moore and Sean Connery did 7 of them each) so I'm curious why everyone seems to be raring to replace Craig.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
What the FUCK did I just read?
1) BLACK Bond? Maybe then we should also make white Blade or something?
2) Harry fucking Potter - cool way to ruin all character's credibility with one actor pick!
3) Lewis is as good for this role as Craig - NOT. He has no required aristocracy or charisma
4) Jackman would be another fucking Craig as well
5) I don't know even what to say about THIS

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
There are only 2 British actors at the moment out there who could this.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, pick one and go for it!!