Batman: Arkham Knight Will Return to PC Stores... Soon

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Batman: Arkham Knight Will Return to PC Stores... Soon

Batman: Arkham Knight's troubled PC port will be back on online stores "in the coming weeks", says Rocksteady.

Remember the PC version of releasing a patch for it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman+arkham+knight] earlier in the month. Many assumed that it would return to sale in PC stores shortly after, but there has so far been no sight of it. Now, Rocksteady has mentioned in a press release that fans can expect the game's re-release "in the coming weeks", though it neglected to offer a more solid date.

The press release in question actually related to an upcoming piece of DLC for the game, which certainly takes away from the illusion that fixing the PC version is its highest priority. As for the recently released patch, reports are coming in that while it's certainly an improvement, it is far from the fix we were hoping for [http://www.pcgamesn.com/batman-arkham-knight/batman-arkham-knight-is-finally-playable-but-its-far-from-optimised].

At this stage, I wonder if anyone still cares? The game was originally released so long ago that I really doubt that finally fixing the half-assed PC port will actually get them many sales.

Source: PC Games N [http://www.pcgamesn.com/batman-arkham-knight/batman-arkham-knight-will-see-the-dark-knight-return-on-pc-in-the-coming-weeks]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Oh my heavens. I should make a mental note to avoid my local branch of GAME, lest I end up stampeded by herds of keen customers.

In all seriousness, though, I wonder if that last paragraph was entirely necessary. I mean, it's a news piece rather than an opinion piece, isn't it? I thought a real professional newsman was supposed to leave the bitching to the audience! :<

If you want to tear a game a new a-hole, I say it's better do it in an opinion piece where you're free to go absolutely hog-wild and fuck that room up. It's more therapeutic that way.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
At this stage, I wonder if anyone still cares? The game was originally released so long ago that I really doubt that finally fixing the half-assed PC port will actually get them many sales.
I care! :p I'm still looking forward to finally getting around to playing B:AK (and I'm still avoiding spoilers like the plague), though I'd obviously rather that it be playable first. And, to be honest, waiting isn't that much of a chore, since I rarely play games on release...

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
Considering I bought the season pass on green man gaming's very generous pre-order offer. I do care.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
I don't think we're going to see a lot of immediate sales like you would at the launch of such a game, but most people know by now the stealth and combat sections are pretty damn good, so it'll definitely sell.

Critically the game may not do well depending on how many bugs there are.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I don't really care now. I might get this game once it is around 10 to 15 on some steam sale some years down the line, but the whole debacle and finding out exactly how much of a grind fest it is killed any interest for me.
And, just for reference, at some point it was the game that I thought would push me into the next generation.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I'll pick up the full version with all the DLC in a Steam sale down the line. Hopefully it'll be fully working by then.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Alfador_VII said:
I'll pick up the full version with all the DLC in a Steam sale down the line. Hopefully it'll be fully working by then.
That's exactly what I'll be doing. Granted, I was at the least going to wait until the version with all dlc included came out next year; now I'll just be waiting for that version and a steam sale.

Too bad they screwed this up so much. Reminds me of how bad the port for doa5 turned out and the saints row 2 port from back in the day.

Randomvirus

Aug 12, 2009
I'm interested, but knowing it was a shit show from go, well, I'm holding out until this rolls under $10 bucks on a steam sale.

I got plenty more to tide me over until then.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Too little, Too late, that game should never have launched in that state in the first place, at this point I'll just wait 6-8 more months for you to finish all the DLC and release the "Ultimate edition" and then I'll buy that

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the patch. I loved the arkham series, the gameplay was tight and I never had any technical issues.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Steven Bogos said:
I was really excited for this game when it was coming out. Then it launched and was a total failure on PC, but I thought that I'd get it on my PS4 and it would be fine.

Then I built myself a new PC and ended up getting the game for free with my graphics card (would have preferred to get Witcher 3 instead).

I still have yet to install or even redeem the code for the game and at this point I have very little desire left to play it. I just don't care enough to install my FREE copy even if it's a playable game now. They missed the window so hard that I would be surprised if most people's hype balloons aren't totally deflated by now.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I will get it eventually. I've enjoyed all the other games in the series, even Origins. So if they fix this I have no reason not to get it.