1TB Xbox One Bundle with Rise of the Tomb Raider Available in November

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
1TB Xbox One Bundle with Rise of the Tomb Raider Available in November

First in a wave of new holiday bundles from Microsoft.

Microsoft is doing a full blitz on the holiday season this year, with what is sounding like an aggressive plan at retail to get more Xbox One units into homes. This week, they're announcing five different bundles of the console.

The first, unveiled today, packages Rise of the Tomb Raider and its predecessor, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, with a 1TB Xbox One console for $399. The bundle is now available for pre-orders and will be exclusively available at Microsoft Store and Best Buy locations in the United States, and in other regions at participating retailers (excluding the UK, Canada, and China) when it hits shelves in November.

If you didn't see that coming, with all the push MS has put behind their console exclusivity lock on Lara Croft's next adventure, perhaps it's time to book a visit with an optometrist.

The new SKU joins three other game-focused bundles already on offer, packing in Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Forza Motorsport 6, or forthcoming Halo 5: Guardians. Add in the Xbox One Elite bundle (with its solid state drive and customizable controller) and the rest set to be unveiled this week, and we can expect a total of nine different packages outside of the basic console options. If you were thinking about picking up an Xbox One this year, it appears you'll not be starved for options.

Source: Major Nelson [http://majornelson.com/2015/09/28/xbox-one-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-bundle-is-now-available-for-pre-order/]

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, so that's why they paid so much (presumably) for exclusivity. For another big push of their console. I hate their tactics but it's a smart business move.

For as big a debacle as their original E3 was, at least they've been working hard to right their wrongs. I already went the route of PS4 but it's nice to see that Microsoft learned rather quickly from what they did. So from a current PS4 fan to Microsoft, I hope you do better and never try to return to your mistakes from E3 to satisfy the wrong customers. Satisfy us first and foremost and they will get more money and you will get more money because all us customers will be there.

Also, try to apply this to your other product lines. Taking control from us out of a desire to "protect us" isn't going to work well. Please learn from these things. I've grown up with you, Microsoft, and want you to be the best thing there is in computer software for all the right reasons and not just because the competition stinks.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
This sounds like a better deal than the ugly Tron-lined Black Ops 1TB PS4 bundle (or any of the other Xbone bundles). Pay $50 extra for two games and the larger HDD, rather than just game and more storage. Plus, you could paint blue, or whatever color, pinstripes if neon orange doesn't suit you. Of course, it all depends on whether the Tomb Raiders are worth more to someone than what the PS4 offers.

Still, call me when 1TB is the standard HDD size without a bundle, and the MSRP is cut nearly in half, for both consoles. (I'll start checking my messages in a couple years.)

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Nice bundle I guess.
But I think I will wait for the inevitable Halo 5 bundle or a price cut?
Still haven't bought a XO yet again (returned two because of crackling noises, then money back).

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
Ishigami said:
Nice bundle I guess.
But I think I will wait for the inevitable Halo 5 bundle or a price cut?
Still haven't bought a XO yet again (returned two because of crackling noises, then money back).
This has been a thing for a while.
Halo 5 Guardians XBOne [http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-1tb-limited-edition-halo-5-guardians-bundle/123695/]

This bundle seems like a bad purchase, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is currently free for gold members. Seems like it would be smarter to buy any other bundle to get more games.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Don't know what you linked there...
I picked the H5 Design Bundle there.It's 499,99?. Thats 100? more than this one... you really think I would consider this? Don't kid yourself.
So no I'm waiting for the ultra NORMAL NOTHING SPECIAL H5 Bundle for 399,99 which at this point does not exist in my region or a price cut in general.

My comment still stands.

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
Ishigami said:
Don't know what you linked there...
I picked the H5 Design Bundle there.It's 499,99?. Thats 100? more than this one... you really think I would consider this? Don't kid yourself.
So no I'm waiting for the ultra NORMAL NOTHING SPECIAL H5 Bundle for 399,99 which at this point does not exist in my region or a price cut in general.

My comment still stands.
Guess the link didn't work, but yeah, it was that bundle, and yeah its more expensive, I was just saying that a bundle does exist. There was no mention of price or stylization, just trying to help someone out.