Frank Miller Working on a New "World War II" Sin City

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Frank Miller Working on a New "World War II" Sin City

Frank Miller's next Sin City book will be "a love story set against the backdrop of World War II."

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135375-Frank-Miller-Wants-to-Write-Captain-America>Frank Miller, in the world of comics, is a name both famous and infamous. Known for his work on a number of groundbreaking and controversial titles, one of his biggest contributions to the comic industry has easily been his Sin City series. Grounded in noir sensibilities and filled with more sex and violence than you could shake a revenge-crazed killer at, it made a big impression on comic readers after its release and would go on to inspire two <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/9674-Frank-Millers-Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-Review>feature films. If recent comments from Miller are any indicator, it's also not over yet.

Speaking today at a press conference for <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140593-DC-Comics-Announces-The-Dark-Knight-III>Dark Knight III: The Master Race, Miller revealed that he's currently working on another entry in the franchise. "My next book is set," he said. "I'm working on it now, in fact. It's a Sin City, a love story set against the backdrop of World War II." Miller wouldn't reveal anything else about the story but did offer a response when someone asked him who would win in a fight: Batman or Sin City's king bruiser Marv. "The fight's already over," he said. "Marv's sitting at the bar having a drink."

While many have soured on Miller in recent years thanks to some of his more <a href=http://io9.com/5859038/frank-miller-slams-occupy-wall-street-becomes-a-parody-of-himself>extreme views and <a href=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Batman_%26_Robin,_the_Boy_Wonder>poorly received works, I personally wouldn't mind another good comic from him. He did, after all, produce some of the medium's best loves classics. That said, the enjoy-ability of a new Sin City would hinge on it being one of his good comics. Here's hoping the dice rolls that way.

Source: Comic Book

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
okay hate the man but going to defend him.

1. Sin City is probably the only thing he can write now.

and 2. Frank Miller has shown some love Japanese culture in his past works so it won't be as racist holy Terror

still the thing is probably going to suck buts it's going to be the annoying suck not the offensive suck. worst case scenario we get some of those idiotic political beliefs about fascism

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
tf2godz said:
SimCity is probably the only thing he can write now.
Best typo I've seen in a while.

Although I didn't even know you could build brothels in Sim City.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Meh. I think Frank Miller was always over-rated. His stuff may have seemed "ground-breaking" at the time, but all it was was over the top violence and sex. That really wasn't anything new.

Apr 17, 2009
RJ Dalton said:
Meh. I think Frank Miller was always over-rated. His stuff may have seemed "ground-breaking" at the time, but all it was was over the top violence and sex. That really wasn't anything new.
Kind of agree really. Read Dark Knight Returns recently and it just got a massive "was that it?" reaction from me. Kind of expected more from something that keeps getting lauded as one of the best modern comics have to offer. I suppose it just comes across as old hat now thats a bit more common, a victim of its own success as everyone sought to emulate it

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
So, here is my take on Frank Miller. We hear lots of stuff about his really good works, but he has also written quite a bit no one talks about. I feel like this is similar to Brian Michael Bendis in that he wrote some really good works and a crap ton of mediocre works. So to me, him writing something new isn't a big deal because it could go either way at this point.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Pallindromemordnillap said:
RJ Dalton said:
Kind of agree really. Read Dark Knight Returns recently and it just got a massive "was that it?" reaction from me. Kind of expected more from something that keeps getting lauded as one of the best modern comics have to offer. I suppose it just comes across as old hat now thats a bit more common, a victim of its own success as everyone sought to emulate it
I'll defend DKR as a product of it's time (and being struck by the Seinfeld effect), but everything since has been... meh, with a couple of exceptions, though everything since 2001 has just been awful.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Sometimes ground breaking, sometimes soul crushing, always a fun ride with that crazy, ol' coot.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Has Frank Miller ever written anything good? Because DKR was his best book by far, and it was awful. I cringe and die a little when people call it a mature take on comics. It reeks of angsty 16 year old edgelord silliness. I made the mistake of reading it after the excellent Watchmen, and boy was that a mistake.

Outside of that he's apparently a racist psychopath. I just don't get why this guy is such a big deal.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Frank retire. We don't need you killing your old good works anymore(even if I think their overrated). Quit while your.... well just quit.