12 Actors Who Could Play the Sinister Six

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
12 Actors Who Could Play the Sinister Six

Who should be cast as Spider-Man's nemeses, the Sinister Six, and who will Hollywood likely cast instead?

Read Full Article

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Apparently Kraven's the villain in the reboot and might end up on the wrong end of a repulsor ray.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Jared Harris and Bruce Campbell would be spot-on casting. I still like Malkovich as Vulture though.

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
Just a thought on the Vulture... if they do introduce him, do you think his suit might be a Falcon suit he somehow acquired?

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Aaron Paul as Electro seems almost pitch-perfect to me. I'd vote for that one!

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
IOwnTheSpire said:
Just a thought on the Vulture... if they do introduce him, do you think his suit might be a Falcon suit he somehow acquired?
I hope not. It would be a lazily written compromise for the Vulture to steal a Falcon suit in a film universe full of weakly developed villains. Marvel Studios should go in the opposite direction and make Vulture the creator. I could talk your ear off with how Marvel could pull it off.

Oh...What the hell...

Before beginning, let me state that I am fully aware that the chances of Marvel canceling their plans in favor of mine are so incredibly small, Antman can't even measure them. Who knows, they might see this, like it, and adapt a bit of it in where they can. Maybe they'll hear my pitch for a Marvel 2099 film franchise?

I'll try to be as succinct as possible in outlining my ideas for Spider-man as he relates to the MCU. I've also had a few drinks so I may ramble a bit. Sorry in advance.

MARVEL, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU CAN HAVE IT! YEAH, ALL OF IT! FREE STUFF! YAY!!!!!!!

The Falcon's wings are one of the reasons why I'm of the opinion that the Spider-Man of the MCU should be established as having been around for a while, but was largely ignored outside of New York City. Not an "urban legend" like how he'll be in upcoming Civil War, but more of a maligned vigilante who gets SHIELD's attention during the events of the first Avengers movie. By doing so, Marvel can introduce an older, more experienced Spider-Man in Civil War. Should he prove popular, Sony Pictures, with guidance from Marvel Studios, can show us important parts of his past later in a series of prequels that retroactively fit him and his world into the MCU.

What does this have to with the Falcon? I'm glad you asked, true believer! In The Winter Soldier, the wing-suit's origins are not detailed, but it can be assumed that the Black Panther did not develop them as he did in the comics. Why sell them to the US if Wakanda is an isolationist state? Stark is a possibility, but the movies have a habit of attributing nearly every piece of tech to Stark or SHIELD. It makes the MCU feel small. This creates the perfect opportunity to place Adrian Toomes as the wings' designer in the MCU as well as provides material for a Vulture centered movie.

Let's imagine a Spider-man vs. Vulture movie set in the MCU. Before deciding the story, let's take some time to choose when to set this film. Since nobody wants to sit through another origin story, we need to allow enough time before this film's story for it to have occurred off screen.
How about setting it after Iron Man and before what is called Fury's Big Week? This week covers much of the events of Iron Man 2, Thor, and The incredible Hulk. The timeline on the MCU wiki has Iron Man as spanning May 6 to Oct 25 2010, and FBW as the end of May to early June 2011. I'm not 100% sure where they got those dates, but I'll accept them as my own head canon. The timeline provides us with about a 7 month window in which to fit Spider-man's origin in. I very much would prefer to use Spider-Man's original origin as much as possible, so I'll use that as the example here.
In this origin story, 15 year old Peter is bitten by the spider and gains his abilities. With the help of a TV producer, he enjoys a brief stint as a minor celebrity. A month or two passes by until the fateful day he chooses not to stop a certain thief.
It is not until the death of his uncle in a home invasion a few weeks later that Peter regrets his inaction when he catches the killer. Because of his act of vigilantism, he loses his job as an entertainer. Needing money to help his aunt with bills, Peter considers using his abilities to steal money. The appearance of a costumed villain (Chameleon posing as Spider-Man in the comics) instead gives him cause to fight those who seek to use power to harm from others.

If Peter gains his powers in October 2010 and the above origin plays out, it would conclude in February 2011. This leaves 4 months of the MCU's timeline to play with as needed. A Vulture movie could conceivably take place over a period of 1 week of Spider-man's life.

A quick note on the timeline: If Civil War is set in 2016 or 2017, Peter will be around 21 years old when Civil War happens. Tom Holland's been cast and he's what, 20? There's no reason he can't be both 15 and 20 year old Spidey. Garfield's in his 30s! If he can be a teenage Peter Parker, Holland can be college age Peter Parker!

Back to our Vulture movie. You get the abridged version:
Adrian Toomes invents the flight harness and his business partner screws him over. his patents are sold to Oscorp, a chemical company turned military hardware developer looking to capitalize on Stark pulling out of weapons sales. Toomes kills his partner in revenge and goes after Osborne. Imagine a combination of Vulture's origin in Amazing Spider-Man #241 and the first episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, with Spidey's invention of the anti-magnetic inverter from ASM #2 thrown in for good measure.

In a later movie with the Green Goblin, Spider-man determines that his glider uses the same mag-lev technology as the Vulture's wings in addition to its main jet engine. The Falcon's wing don't have that mag-lev tech because Osborne decided to modify the designs before selling the wings to the military. The modified wings use miniature jet turbines run on a high efficiency liquid fuel developed by Oscorp. These turbines and fuel were also used by SHIELD in the design and construction of the first helicarrier.

And that's how you fit Spider-Man, Oscorp, and Vulture into the MCU. Nuff' said!

I could use another drink.
https://media.giphy.com/media/CjVw73cHVFiSY/giphy.gif
I need a new hobby...

Time that I address the original topic. To the casting couch!

John Malkovich is fine a choice, but I really would like to see Patrick Stewart as The Vulture. I think he could expertly portray a elderly engineer who, in his quest for vengeance, finds a sense of renewed vitality and excitement that his life had been lacking. Action scenes might be a bit difficult because of Stewart's age, but I'm sure the studios would work around it with CGI and stunt doubles.

Bruce Campbell as Mysterio is nothing but Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! I want a movie where Spider-Man geeks out at discovering that Quentin Beck, his favorite film maker of yester-year, is Mysterio. They have a lively conversation about his SFX work until the police arrive. before they take him away, Spider-Man gets his autograph! This should have been Spider-man 3. Also cast Ted Raimi as The Tinkerer, the guy who designs Msyterio's advanced gadgets.

Can anybody really beat Alfred Molina as Doc Ock? I like to believe Malcolm Mcdowell would give him a run for his money! With his voice alone, he could really play up the "Master Planner" aspect of Octavius. Make him the villain who manipulates villains and prefers not to get his tentacles dirty unless he has to.

Jason Segal and Aaron Paul as Sandman and Electro is something I can get behind. I can especially dig Paul as a cocky lineman who decides to cash in on his new powers. Don't forget electricity puns. Watts of them. So many you'll say "Ohm my God, one more pun and I'll diode from shock!"

As for Kraven, I could live with Sean Bean or maybe Javier Bardem. And no Kraven's Last Hunt, please. It's way to soon in the franchise for that story, it's just been rebooted again. While we're on the subject of Kraven, how about Halle Berry for Calypso?

Regardless of what Marvel and Sony have in mind for the future of Spider-Man, they need to cast Michael B. Jordan as Hobie Brown, AKA the Prowler. He can be Peter's partner in shop class who machines specialty parts for him, not knowing that they'll be used to build Spider-Man's web shooters!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Tautology said:
While we're on the subject of Kraven, how about Halle Berry for Calypso?
I agree with about everything except this last part. No more Halle Berry in comic movies. She was a barely passable Storm, barely and starred in the worst comic movie ever, Catwoman. She needs no more screen time as anything remotely connected to comics. And there are plenty of better actresses who'd do just fine for the role.