Bethesda Releases Awesome Fallout 4 Live Action Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Bethesda Releases Awesome Fallout 4 Live Action Trailer

What would a Fallout 4 movie look like?

Bethesda has released an awesome live action Fallout 4 trailer that shows off the game's post apocalyptic setting, to the sounds of Dion's The Wanderer.

The trailer begins by showing off the world before it is transformed into a desolate wasteland, with the wandering wanderer emerging with his four legged pal, Dogmeat. We get a look at some armour, radroaches, Mr. Handy, and more. And - if you're like me - you're hoping for a live action Fallout movie after watching 58 seconds of pretty awesome wandering.

Bethesda has been steadily hyping fans for Fallout 4's November release. A series of educational videos, with a charmingly cheesy 1950's- style design and narration, have released in order to explain the game's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, so far covering teamed up with Loot Crate [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142351-Fallout-4-Education-Video-Series-Tells-You-Why-Youre-S-P-E-C-I-A-L] to create limited edition Fallout 4 crates.

Fallout 4 is slated for release worldwide on November 10 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I appreciate the gesture Bethesda, but I'd rather get a gameplay trailer.

Sep 14, 2009
as far as cinematic trailers go, that was pretty awesome, I'd take a fallout movie in that style any day.

but seeing some newer actual in game gameplay/characters/story probably would've been better suited.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I noticed the music for this trailer is a definite change from the swing/crooners/rhythm & blues style of Fallout 3.

I wonder if that has any significance, moving away from the idealistic 50s style into a more rocking 60s style, perhaps the world is moving on, with the green radiation filter of Fallout 3 gone and the inclusion of a settlement building mechanic perhaps this game will focus more on the rebuilding of society rather than the daily survival grind the previous games had a lot of.
A post-post apocalyptic role playing game perhaps?

Or maybe I'm just really overthinking this. Still it was a nice video. I suppose they call it live action to make sure it's distinguished from proper actual gameplay videos.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Hero in a half shell said:
I noticed the music for this trailer is a definite change from the swing/crooners/rhythm & blues style of Fallout 3.

I wonder if that has any significance, moving away from the idealistic 50s style into a more rocking 60s style, perhaps the world is moving on, with the green radiation filter of Fallout 3 gone and the inclusion of a settlement building mechanic perhaps this game will focus more on the rebuilding of society rather than the daily survival grind the previous games had a lot of.

Or maybe I'm just really overthinking this. Still it was a nice video. I suppose they call it live action to make sure it's distinguished from proper actual gameplay videos.
I'd say it's more an indication that Bethesda doesn't understand the Fallout "culture" and setting compared to Black Isle/Obsidian.

Don't forget, it's an IP they BOUGHT, not an IP they developed.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Diablo1099 said:
That's not live action, is it? I thought it as just Square Enix levels of CGI?
Easy mistake to make, pretty much everything in the trailer is CGI except the protagonist and the dog, and the people in the very beginning that you only see for a split second.

Overall, its a nice followup to the live action Skyrim trailer, it will likely be what they use for the T.V. spots.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Abomination said:

I'd say it's more an indication that Bethesda doesn't understand the Fallout "culture" and setting compared to Black Isle/Obsidian.

just because they bought the series doesn't mean they don't care about the accuracy of the lore. and i'd say he's probably onto something with that. I mean, everything about this area of the apocalypse just screams "progress". in the capital wasteland, it was just survival, even the societies that formed were all very basic. here in boston, we've got the institute, a relatively advanced looking city in the baseball stadium, I think we're on the better end of the times and world here.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
martyrdrebel27 said:
Abomination said:

just because they bought the series doesn't mean they don't care about the accuracy of the lore. and i'd say he's probably onto something with that. I mean, everything about this area of the apocalypse just screams "progress". in the capital wasteland, it was just survival, even the societies that formed were all very basic. here in boston, we've got the institute, a relatively advanced looking city in the baseball stadium, I think we're on the better end of the times and world here.
I don't know what abombination is on about, New Vegas under Obsidian started doing more 60's stuff before FO4 did blatantly including figures from the 60's (the kings being Elvis impersonators) and have used early 60's music in the past. It's one song from 1961 and it doesn't really break from the theme at all, especially since leaning on old music was something Fallout wasn't really known for until Bethesda released 3 anyway.

If we're talking about the rebuilding vs. perpetual wasteland stuff, then that isn't Black Isle/Obsidian either, that's just the way Chris Avellone sees it and his fellow Fallout writers have fought with him on that point since the original games, Obsidian flatout overrode him on some points of New Vegas because of this and you can see the vision clash in the DLC with his mouthpiece character Ulysses. Avellone's a good writer, but the man gets up his own ass with his author insert characters sometimes.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
Diablo1099 said:
That's not live action, is it? I thought it as just Square Enix levels of CGI?
The dog is definitely live action. Some of the ways the Vault Dweller walks look too good to be CGI. But there's a good mix of CGI in there too. It's a very, VERY nice trailer from that perspective.

But really, I just want to get my hands on the damn game. Trailers are nice. Little videos are nice. But I want to plop down on the couch with a beer and just to stomp on radroaches, ya know?

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Cool trailer. I wouldn't start gushing about it quite so much, though. I think, like other people have noted, the CGI in the trailer is very obvious in some areas and makes the trailer look just worse at a few points.
It's nothing major, as i said it's a cool trailer, but i have definetly seen better ones, including non-gameplay videogame trailers. Outside of the CGI-thing though the trailer is really really well done and i like that a lot.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I want to want this, but Fallout 3 was a massive disappointment to me. As are most other Bethsoft games to be honest. I'll figure out my feelings sometime after release i guess.