Assassin's Creed Syndicate is the UK's Number One Game

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Assassin's Creed Syndicate is the UK's Number One Game

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is the number one game in the UK, but it's sales are low.

The latest UK numbers are out, and newest Assassin's Creed entry ChartTrack [http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015], while it did beat sales for Assassin's Creed Rogue, the launch sales are the lowest of any of the other major entries in the series.

"Its launch fails to outperform previous title 'Assassin's Creed: Unity', which was denied top spot last year by the second week of 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare'," the summary reads. "It is the second major entry in the Assassin's Creed series not to be developed by Ubisoft Montreal, that honour this time going to Ubisoft Quebec. 'Assassin's Creed: Syndicate' surpasses with ease the other non-Ubisoft Montreal developed title 'Assassin's Creed: Rogue', but its launch falls short of surpassing any of the other major entries in the famous series."

You can read The Escapist's review of Assassin's Creed Syndicate here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/14832-Assassins-Creed-Syndicate-Review.2].

The top ten for the UK is below:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
FIFA 16
Guitar Hero Live
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Grand Theft Auto 5
Lego Dimensions
Destiny The Taken King
Forza 6
Lego Jurassic World
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Well, stop making such a big deal about week 1 sales, Ubisoft.

I imagine people still have the sour taste of Unity in their mouths. If Syndicate is actually good, people will find out and sales will pick up.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
I love the way the title intensionally makes you think it did well and then points out it's the worse performing ac barring the unadvertised Rouge. #notsureifsarcasm

With Unity betraying customers trust so much what do you expect though. Keeping the embargo until the day before release pretty much guaranteed decreased preorders. Not to mention over-saturation of open world games.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
I'm definitely going to be picking it up on PC, it looks pretty good and it should run better then Unity at least. I still find it interesting that GTAV still sells so many units in the UK, I would think that a game glorifying and exaggerating the worst qualities of American Culture would only make Brits collectively sigh and facepalm.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Got it today, just to annoy the ubisoft boycotters. Ok, I kid really. It's because I just wanted to play and kill my untrustworthy bretheren on this godforsaken island. Ok I kid again (probably), it's out of sheer curiosity and dirty casualness. That's more likely to be true.

Captcha: bad egg.

Coreless said:
I still find it interesting that GTAV still sells so many units in the UK, I would think that a game glorifying and exaggerating the worst qualities of American Culture would only make Brits collectively sigh and facepalm.
There are a few reasons why this is not the case;
GTAV satirises not only America...but most modern culture too, it is all one huge joke at the expense of humanity's dignity. Also we are fairly used to America being..umm, headstrong/proud. A sizable portion of our media comes from the USA, for better or for worse. ;)
Then there are the overzealous nationalists within our country that seem obsessed with the past "empire" that we bullied our way to, while hating on those evil immigrants. Any free-thinking brit will not usually feel patriotic, patriotism is a tool for those in power, it should be left in the past with a lot of practices. We aren't really any better, though we do have a good variety of colourful accents and Boris Johnson Stephen Fry! XD