Check Out the Raunchy First Four Minutes of Ash vs. Evil Dead!!

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Check Out the Raunchy First Four Minutes of Ash vs. Evil Dead!!

"Come get some," indeed.

Self-deprecating fat jokes, false heroism, and bar bathroom sex with a deadite. My friends, the first four(ish) minutes of the Starz network's Ash vs. Evil Dead are here, and they are spectacular.

Maybe it's because the pilot is being directed by original Evil Dead visionary Sam Raimi, or maybe it's because Bruce Campbell's hammy, overconfident shtick never wears thin, but any doubts I personally had about a TV show based on the scientifically proven greatest horror movie franchise of all time [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142676-What-is-The-Best-Horror-Franchise-of-All-Time] have been firmly erased by this preview. It's raunchy, it's funny, it's groovy! Hail to the King, baby!!

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the show of Ash vs. Evil Dead is getting pretty great reviews [http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/ash-vs-evil-dead-review-bruce-campbell-sam-raimi-starz-sequel-1201623731/] right out of the gate, or that it appears to be taking full advantage of the TV-MA rating allowed by Starz. Aside from the hardcore deadite sex that goes down in the opening minutes of the pilot, Campbell has already lauded Ash's insanely over-the-top gore at a recent press session.

"People ask, 'How much blood is there going to be?'" said Campbell.

"I went blind the other day shooting a scene. Just picture that. Like, take a shower and open your eyes right into the faucet. That's how much blood there is on the show. I've been gagged once and I went blind. That's a lot of blood."

Shut up, Bruce. Just shut up and take my damn money already.

Ash vs. Evil Dead premieres on Halloween at 9 pm.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Groovy. Oh and the girl turning into a deadite at climax, pure, genious.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
This preview was everything I had hoped the show would be. I need no convincing, given my love for the Evil Dead (pre-remake, although the remake was good in it's own way) this was going to be a no brainer for me. This preview, however, seals the deal. I can't fucking wait.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I loved the scene of him putting on a girdle in front of the mirror.

Having seen how dashing Bruce Campbell is in person, they must have put in a lot of effort to make him look...less so.

I was laughing through all four minutes; really looking forward to this show.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Looking pretty good though will this be available in Canada? Is Starz one of those companies where you need to already own the TV channel before you are allowed to watch content online?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Saulkar said:
Looking pretty good though will this be available in Canada? Is Starz one of those companies where you need to already own the TV channel before you are allowed to watch content online?
Think it is. All the major satellite channels have their own online service separate from Netflix & Co. So you gotta own the channel to see it online sadly.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Ah, Bruce, Sam and Rob (and Ivan). Looks like you are getting to tell the continuing story of Ash in a way that looks positively amazing. I'm all in at this point. Move over Walking, Now the Dead have something Evil-er.

Also, Lucy Lawless is credited to pop up in the pilot episode as Ruby (Knowby). [The credits don't list her as a Knowby yet.] But, I'm hoping she shows up and goes full on Warrior Princess to kick Bruce's ass. (I predict there will be at least one Autolycus joke in there.)

EDIT----
And as of an hour ago, it looks like Starz has already picked up Ash vs. the Evil Dead for a second season:
http://deadline.com/2015/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-renewed-season-2-bruce-campbell-lucy-lawless-starz-1201596597/

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Remus said:
Saulkar said:
Think it is. All the major satellite channels have their own online service separate from Netflix & Co. So you gotta own the channel to see it online sadly.
What dicks. Could have had some revenue from those that do not bother with TV but they had to have it all and now they get none from us. Oh well, I will have to pull an Australian.