Five Actors Who Could Play Indiana Jones

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Five Actors Who Could Play Indiana Jones

Disney will surely not allow the Indiana Jones franchise to die, so may be cast as the new Indi?

Read Full Article

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Remember that whoever playes Indy must be able to take a punch and look like they are hurting (something always said about Clint Eastwood and, indeed Harrison Ford). That was actually one of the reasons that Ford was chosen for the role.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is my personal choice. He can pull off a good accent and he is the right age for a grizzled adventurer.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sorry, gentlemen, but I disagree on all counts. That is, of course, unless you can splice several actors together to make a hybrid of all of those.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Xaryn Mar said:
Remember that whoever playes Indy must be able to take a punch and look like they are hurting (something always said about Clint Eastwood and, indeed Harrison Ford). That was actually one of the reasons that Ford was chosen for the role.
Pretty sure its because Ford insists on making it look as real as possible by way of actually taking the punch. IIRC he made a huge deal about it to Gary Oldman in Air Force One, enough to make Oldman feel uncomfortable, but damn did those takes look good.

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
I could actually see Karl Urban as Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. He does have that wearied, "done it all" vibe going, and can be as serious as the plot requires. I'd pick him.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
I would have picked liam neeson. he can be both a serious action hero and a more gentle sort. his age also affords a certain elegance. he is quite old for the role but personally i wouldn't mind an older more gentlemanly version of indiana jones.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hey, I like 'Supernatural' a lot, but Jensen Ackles isn't the greatest actor around. And I'm never sure if I like Patrick Wilson or not.

If Chris Pratt tones down his facial expressiveness demonstrated in 'Parks' & 'Guardians' a bit I could see him in the role. Bradley Cooper, too.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Hear hear to Keith Urban. He can play world weary tough guy. Next would be Pratt but he is too much the high pitched funny guy for the role. Not my preference. All others mentioned: horrible.