Minecraft Wii U Possibly Leaked

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Minecraft Wii U Possibly Leaked

Minecraft Wii U will reportedly come out today if this is all true.

Those sleuths over at NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1138901] have discovered a PEGI rating for a Wii U port of Minecraft, possibly confirming the game for the platform. What's more, we won't have to wait too long to see if this one is the real deal, as the PEGI rating lists the game's release date as November 12... which is today!

Fans have been speculating a Wii U release of the game, since the Wii U port of TellTale's Minecraft: Story Mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/minecraft%20story%20mode?os=minecraft+story+mode] actually runs on a modified Minecraft engine... meaning the game is already technically on the system.

Furthermore, when Microsoft bought Minecraft's developer Mojang, it stressed that it wanted to continue to support the game on competing platforms.

While it is surely the biggest Microsoft property to appear on a Nintendo platform, it's not without precedent, as several lower-profile games, including Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise and Zoo Tycoon, have made their way to various Nintendo consoles.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1138901]

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Fucking Great!

I don't play Minecraft but I've always been of the position that one of Nintendo's biggest WII U blunders was not having a port of this money printer. I even heard Sony's shitty game-phone version did super well.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I've not been the biggest fan of Minecraft, probably because I'm not creative, but I've always liked the idea of the Wii U gamepad being used for the map, inventory, items etc. and I look forward to seeing what they do on it.

Hell I might even buy it and try to actually get in to these shenanigans.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Well at least microsoft is willing to put a game on the WiiU. And minecraft is perfect for a nintendo console really Microsoft would be silly not too.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
jdogtwodolla said:
Fucking Great!

I don't play Minecraft but I've always been of the position that one of Nintendo's biggest WII U blunders was not having a port of this money printer. I even heard Sony's shitty game-phone version did super well.
Though it isn't on Nintendo. Notch refused to port the game over despite the system clearly being a perfect fit for it (and considering how he once went on a Twitter tirade mocking it, it makes me think his reasons were very shallow). With him having sold the IP and Mojang though, perhaps Nintendo can finally get in on the action.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I don't believe it, Microsoft owns minecraft no way they take that IP and put it on another platform.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
synobal said:
I don't believe it, Microsoft owns minecraft no way they take that IP and put it on another platform.
It's not that hard to believe. You can still play Minecraft on Playstation consoles even after Microsoft bought the property. It would be stupid for Microsoft to not put Minecraft on as many platforms as possible.

OT: I'm sure the gamepad would be pretty great for playing Minecraft, so it has the potential to be a cool version. I wouldn't be surprised if you could either unlock Nintendo character skins with Amiibos, or some other, hopefully cheaper way. I could see this being in the new Nintendo Direct later on today too.

Speaking of Microsoft properties on Nintendo things, how about good old Banjo and Kazooie becoming playable characters in Smash Bros.? I imagine Phil Spencer would be our best bet on that happening, considering he said he would like that. He is the head of Xbox, now's the time!

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Hero of Lime said:
synobal said:
It's not that hard to believe. You can still play Minecraft on Playstation consoles even after Microsoft bought the property. It would be stupid for Microsoft to not put Minecraft on as many platforms as possible.

OT: I'm sure the gamepad would be pretty great for playing Minecraft, so it has the potential to be a cool version. I wouldn't be surprised if you could either unlock Nintendo character skins with Amiibos, or some other, hopefully cheaper way. I could see this being in the new Nintendo Direct later on today too.

Speaking of Microsoft properties on Nintendo things, how about good old Banjo and Kazooie becoming playable characters in Smash Bros.? I imagine Phil Spencer would be our best bet on that happening, considering he said he would like that. He is the head of Xbox, now's the time!
when you buy a company you inherit their fiscal obligations as well, you can't just take away minecraft on the playstation because the IP was acquired by a different company. Same thing with everything else. Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it.

Alek The Great

May 24, 2011
synobal said:
Hero of Lime said:
synobal said:

when you buy a company you inherit their fiscal obligations as well, you can't just take away minecraft on the playstation because the IP was acquired by a different company. Same thing with everything else. Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it.
Except if I remember correctly the PS Vita port was in early development (if at all even in development) when MS bought the IP and they still continued developing for it.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Oh, for the love of all, PLEASE let this happen.
It would make every single last one of my customers who have kids happy.